By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Reviews - 31% RT

Lawlight said:
Darc Requiem said:

I'd have to disagree with you there. They never built a solid reason to Superman to fight Batman. The frame work was their but they dropped the ball. A small example of this is the scene in which Batman is chasing a group of criminals with the kryptonite meteor. Superman shows up, stops Batman, confronts him and lets the criminals get away. WTF was that.

Lex Luthor's plot line is a complete cluster fuck. Particularly his interactions with the Kryptonian ship. That whole part of the movie is plot hole city. Based on what we saw in the Man of Steel. The ship would have killed him. One of the security robots, just like the one that nearly killed Lois in MoS, was right there and did nothing. And no, him using Zods fingerprints to get into the ship wouldn't have deactivated the robot. Clark enters the ship in MoS. Lois follows him. When the realizes that she isn't Kryptonian, the robot tries to kill her. The same thing should have happened to Lex. Setting aside the nonsensical way in which Doomsday was created. Lex Luthor who is supposed to be a damned genius. Creates Doomsday and unleashes him when he has zero control over him. The only reason Lex isn't dead is because Superman stopped Doomsday from splattering him all over the inside of he ship. The more I think about this movie. the less I like it. 

They actually give you the perfect reason why Superman would fight Batman - Luthor had his mother as a hostage and Superman says to Lois that he either will come back with help or with Batman's head.

And you're confusing the airship in the Artic - the one that had the codex. This one is Zodd's but that doesn't mean that it's the same robot as the one in the Artic.

Also, Luthor clearly didn't expect Doomsday to be so out of control with the "blood of my blood" line but, more so, I think all he wanted was to take down Superman.

You are right in that I consfused the two ships. However I stand by criticism of Superman's motivation. Lex didn't kidnap Superman's mom until just before the film's Climax. Also thinking about this some more, Lex knew both Batman and Superman's secret identities. So his method for taking out Superman takes even less since. He could have went after Clark Kent with small bit of kryptonite he had. He already had a series of mercanies in his employ. 

Around the Network
oniyide said:
tiffac said:

I am actually looking forward to the Directors Cut of this movie. In all honesty this should have been a 2 part movie.

hell it should've been 3 parts, there are like 3 different movies here and each one could have been fine. Snyder clearly wanted to make a Dark Knight Returns movie

Hahaha you could be right, I wonder what they were thinking just mashing all this into a 2 and a half hour movie?

Such a missed opportunity.

Darc Requiem said:
Lawlight said:

They actually give you the perfect reason why Superman would fight Batman - Luthor had his mother as a hostage and Superman says to Lois that he either will come back with help or with Batman's head.

And you're confusing the airship in the Artic - the one that had the codex. This one is Zodd's but that doesn't mean that it's the same robot as the one in the Artic.

Also, Luthor clearly didn't expect Doomsday to be so out of control with the "blood of my blood" line but, more so, I think all he wanted was to take down Superman.

You are right in that I consfused the two ships. However I stand by criticism of Superman's motivation. Lex didn't kidnap Superman's mom until just before the film's Climax. Also thinking about this some more, Lex knew both Batman and Superman's secret identities. So his method for taking out Superman takes even less since. He could have went after Clark Kent with small bit of kryptonite he had. He already had a series of mercanies in his employ. 

Lex wanted to prove to the world that Superman is not a God. He has an ego to take care of. lol!

Besides this is how Lex has always been in the comics or animated series.

Darc Requiem said:
Lawlight said:

Batman stole the kryptonite so I have no idea how he would have gone after Superman. My understanding is that he was pushing Batman to go against Superman but the kryptonite being stolen was against his plans so he course-corrected by abducting Martha Kent. Then Superman would go against Batman with the idea that the latter has weaponised the kryptonite to kill him. If Batman failed, he had Doomsday as a last resort.

Lawlight said:
Darc Requiem said:

Batman stole the kryptonite so I have no idea how he would have gone after Superman. My understanding is that he was pushing Batman to go against Superman but the kryptonite being stolen was against his plans so he course-corrected by abducting Martha Kent. Then Superman would go against Batman with the idea that the latter has weaponised the kryptonite to kill him. If Batman failed, he had Doomsday as a last resort.

He already had a small bit of Kryptonite. He wanted the Senator to allow him to import the metorite so he could have a larger portion. 

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Lawlight said:

He already had a small bit of Kryptonite. He wanted the Senator to allow him to import the metorite so he could have a larger portion. 

Yeah, true, he had a very tiny amount. When he was testing it on Zodd's body, it shows that the cells degrade on contact. So, there is no way he would have been able to take Superman with such a small amount if contact was required. Even with the kryptonite powder that he inhales, it shows that he's only affected for a short period - a couple of minutes at most. The only time Superman shows weakness to close proximity with Kryptonite was with the spear which have a massive chunk of it. 

tiffac said:
oniyide said:

hell it should've been 3 parts, there are like 3 different movies here and each one could have been fine. Snyder clearly wanted to make a Dark Knight Returns movie

Hahaha you could be right, I wonder what they were thinking just mashing all this into a 2 and a half hour movie?

what they were thinking is they saw the money Marvel was making on there films and instead of taking their time like they did they wanted to just rush out cause of money, greed and not really caring too much about the characters anyway. $$$$$

oniyide said:
tiffac said:

what they were thinking is they saw the money Marvel was making on there films and instead of taking their time like they did they wanted to just rush out cause of money, greed and not really caring too much about the characters anyway. $$$$$

So true. They should have had more faith in the characters.

tiffac said:
oniyide said:

unless the name is Batman WB never really gave too much of a crap. I was listening to a podcast and apparently the heads of WB didnt even know they owned DC until like 3 years ago, it shows.

oniyide said:
tiffac said:

unless the name is Batman WB never really gave too much of a crap. I was listening to a podcast and apparently the heads of WB didnt even know they owned DC until like 3 years ago, it shows.