By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Reviews - 31% RT

oniyide said:
tiffac said:

So true. They should have had more faith in the characters.

unless the name is Batman WB never really gave too much of a crap. I was listening to a podcast and apparently the heads of WB didnt even know they owned DC until like 3 years ago, it shows.

That's gotta be bullshit.

Around the Network

While it's not on the same level as The Dark Knight trilogy, I thought it was a step above the Avengers. The dream sequences were not really needed but overall I found the movie, especially the second half to be quite good.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

noname2200 said:
oniyide said:

unless the name is Batman WB never really gave too much of a crap. I was listening to a podcast and apparently the heads of WB didnt even know they owned DC until like 3 years ago, it shows.

That's gotta be bullshit.

there is a podcast calle Comic Conspiracy, give it a listen. It could be bullshit, but considering the actions

Goodnightmoon said:

This movie is complete garbage

And people says TFA was bad but this is awesome, LMFAO.

Not having plot errors doesnt turn a bad movie into a good one, same happens the other way around, some of the best movies of all time have some plot problems, but cinema is much more than just a screenplay. And Im not saying that BvS has a good screenplay, because it doesnt. At all.

@bolded: Why do you always feel the need to belittle and mock people when you "share" your opinion? As if yours can't stand on its own and needs to shit on other people in order to have a chance at appearing better.

Hynad said:
Goodnightmoon said:

This movie is complete garbage

And people says TFA was bad but this is awesome, LMFAO.

Not having plot errors doesnt turn a bad movie into a good one, same happens the other way around, some of the best movies of all time have some plot problems, but cinema is much more than just a screenplay. And Im not saying that BvS has a good screenplay, because it doesnt. At all.

@bolded: Why do you always feel the need to belittle and mock people when you "share" your opinion? As if yours can't stand on its own and needs to shit on other people in order to have a chance at appearing better.

Why do you always feel the need to complain about everything I say, why dont you go away and leave me alone, thats really easy dont you think? :D

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Hynad said:

Why do you always feel the need to complain about everything I say, why dont you go away and leave me alone, thats really easy dont you think? :D

Ah, you didn't answer... =(

But you know, you can always just ignore my comments. That's really easy, don't you think?

I saw it. Thought it was just ok. Battfleck impressed me, and Jeremy Iron's version of Alfred may now be my favorite on screen version of the character. Most everything else was just a mess.

Nowhere near the near-perfect quality that is The Avengers.

Hynad said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You can just ignore what I say. That's really easy, don't you think?

Oh, I do, believe me. I just like to be clear, and silence is not clear enough.

A friend of mine says that there's pretty good torrent floating around but I'm not going to download it until I've seen the movie.

I hear it's good from some and bad from others. Personally, I'm a huge DC fan. The story where Doomsday first appeared is what made me a huge comics fan. I actually didn't start until all was said and done. I kept hearing about Doomsday. The character was already mythological in my mind before I finally laid eyes on him. He was right up there with Bane!

The Dark Knight Returns is one of my favorite stories as well. At this point, I'm really deep in DC Comics lore. I'm going in with reasonable expectations. Maybe even low expectations but I imagine I'll still enjoy the film if, for nothing else, Batman's portrayal.

d21lewis said:
A friend of mine says that there's pretty good torrent floating around but I'm not going to download it until I've seen the movie.

I hear it's good from some and bad from others. Personally, I'm a huge DC fan. The story where Doomsday first appeared is what made me a huge comics fan. I actually didn't start until all was said and done. I kept hearing about Doomsday. The character was already mythological in my mind before I finally laid eyes on him. He was right up there with Bane!

The Dark Knight Returns is one of my favorite stories as well. At this point, I'm really deep in DC Comics lore. I'm going in with reasonable expectations. Maybe even low expectations but I imagine I'll still enjoy the film if, for nothing else, Batman's portrayal.

Batman's portrayal is really good, and it has strong references TDKR, so I think you might find it at least enjoyable. I thought it was enjoyable because of that. It has a lot of flaws, and I won't say it's actually a good movie, but I enjoyed it and in the end that's what counts. 

I'm not sure why TFA was brought to the topic in question, they're really different films, just saying :P. But, just for fun, I think TFA is way, way better, but that doesn't mean I didn't kinda enjoy BvS.