By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: Nintendo NX Not Very Good, Backward Looking Technology

Not hating at all, it's the true 37 31.09%

I love Michael Pachter 41 34.45%

He's right you know... 41 34.45%

Total:119
AZWification said:

Maybe it had something to do with both Nintendo and Microsoft screwing up big time with their respesctive consoles? It can't be just because it's a PlayStation system, the Vita exists after all.

I mean, the PS4 was far more conceptually sound than the Vita, so I don't want to be too hard on it. I don't know where the industry would be right now if they screwed up the PS4's design the way they did the Vita.

Around the Network

"i know nothing about it, but it sucks"

Pachter need a patch.

Too early to say. NX could suck (in terms of being a flop) ... it's not impossible, Nintendo did totally fuck up with the Wii U and flustered the GameCube.

Soundwave said:
Too early to say. NX could suck (in terms of being a flop) ... it's not impossible, Nintendo did totally fuck up with the Wii U and flustered the GameCube.

And no one says the opposite. But to predict the failing of the device without knowing a single bit about it like Pachter has done, speaks volumes about him as a person and abou the reliablility of his predictions.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I've seen many people say that Nintendo will try to get lucky with a gimmick once again, but I just don't see what gimmick would bring back the casuals. They are busy having fun with their smartphones and tablets. At the same time, I don't see "hardcore" gamers put down their PS4s and XB1s.

EDIT: Miyamoto has also said that Nintendo is not interested i ncatering to casuals anymore, so yeah.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Why do people care about this guys opinions on stuff?

Bman54 said:
"I’ve no idea what that thing is going to be"

Which means anything he says after this is meaningless

My thoughts exactly!!!  Why does he continue with his spiel when he starts out with saying he has no idea what the next Nintendo console is going to be?!? What a putz!!!

He has no idea what is NX, but it's going to be bad? Now, that's not exactly good from him.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

"I’ve no idea what that thing is going to be,..."

This is were you should've stopped reading.

Pachter never had a clue of what Nintendo was doing and still has no clue of what they are doing.

You could also ask a fortune teller...

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3