By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: Nintendo NX Not Very Good, Backward Looking Technology

Not hating at all, it's the true 37 31.09%

I love Michael Pachter 41 34.45%

He's right you know... 41 34.45%

Total:119
Zeroroute said:
Remember when this guy said Wii U would do well and 3DS would bomb?

Actually, he said that Nintendo made a mistake pricing the 3DS at $250, because they could have priced it much higher and still sell good. And we know what happened roughly half a year later.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Actually, he said that Nintendo made a mistake pricing the 3DS at $250, because they could have priced it much higher and still sell good. And we know what happened roughly half a year later.

The price had nothing to do with the 3DS failure at launch. No compelling software was.

This make me feel more confident about NX and question myself why I spent years studying.

That's a factual analysis, isn't it?

spemanig said:
JEMC said:

The price had nothing to do with the 3DS failure at launch. No compelling software was.

I'd sasy it was a mix of both things.

In any case, when he made that statement he also knew what software would be available, yet that didn't stop him. So he was either wrong because he did a bad job analysing what effect the lack of software would have on the sales, or he was already know that but thought that the market would still buy the console.

So he's either a terrible analyst, or he just says whatever he thinks (not what the market says).

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

In any case, when he made that statement he also knew what software would be available, yet that didn't stop him. So he was either wrong because he did a bad job analysing what effect the lack of software would have on the sales, or he was already know that but thought that the market would still buy the console.

So he's either a terrible analyst, or he just says whatever he thinks (not what the market says).

I wouldn't say it's a mix of both things at all. If 3DS launched with the games it started getting a year later, it would have dominated at $250. The price definitely wasn't the issue. The anemic library was. The price drop was just a bandage for that.

That doesn't stop the rest of what you said from being truth, though. That being said, the PS4 launched with an anemic library as well and blew shit up regardless, so what do I really know?

He even thinks the NX will launch next year despite comfirmed leaks hinting otherwise. He's talking out of his ass.

spemanig said:
JEMC said:

I wouldn't say it's a mix of both things at all. If 3DS launched with the games it started getting a year later, it would have dominated at $250. The price definitely wasn't the issue. The anemic library was. The price drop was just a bandage for that.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree .

spemanig said:
JEMC said:

That doesn't stop the rest of what you said from being truth, though. That being said, the PS4 launched with an anemic library as well and blew shit up regardless, so what do I really know?

I think we can all agree that what has happened with the PS4 goes beyond our understanding. Even the PlayStation boss said that he didn't know why the PS4 was selling so well.

JEMC said:
spemanig said:

spemanig said:

I think we can all agree that what has happened with the PS4 goes beyond our understanding. Even the PlayStation boss said that he didn't know why the PS4 was selling so well.

Maybe it had something to do with both Nintendo and Microsoft screwing up big time with their respesctive consoles? It can't be just because it's a PlayStation system, the Vita exists after all.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
JEMC said:

Maybe it had something to do with both Nintendo and Microsoft screwing up big time with their respesctive consoles? It can't be just because it's a PlayStation system, the Vita exists after all.

That's part of it, for sure.