By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: Nintendo NX Not Very Good, Backward Looking Technology

Not hating at all, it's the true 37 31.09%

I love Michael Pachter 41 34.45%

He's right you know... 41 34.45%

Total:119

"I’ve no idea what that thing is going to be, I don’t think it’s coming out this year- Nintendo’s practice has been to show things a year, year and a half before they come out, so… I think they’ll show it at this E3, and I think it’ll come out next year. It might not come out in November, it might come out in March…"

"You know, it’s sounding an awful lot like it’s a handheld and console hybrid, where you have a handheld and you do some stuff on it, and the console will be like an Apple TV or something, and you can pull games down from that, I’m not really sure. I would say based on Nintendo’s recent history, it is not going to be very good. I know they are pretty excited about it, but I would say it’s a backward looking technology, that is just not an improvement over everything else that we’ve got an option to do, and it will completely miss the point of games getting away from consoles."

"I think Nintendo is desperately clinging on to an old business model that is passing them by."

-Michael Pachter

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/nintendo-nx-is-not-going-to-be-very-good-will-be-backward-looking-technology-michael-pachter#fAUQ4wF2D9u6YTLx.99

Around the Network

Pachter:
I know nothing, but I'm going to say it's shit, for the lols.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

He's been missing his attention as of late. I guess he felt he needed more.

I bet Michael Pachter shitposts on forums in his spare time.

bet: lost

Patcher saying the NX will suck?

NX to sell 200 million confirmed!

Around the Network
HylianYoshi said:

I bet Michael Pachter shitposts on forums in his spare time.

Maybe he secretly among us?!???!

Patcher trying to sound smart is cuter than Kapi.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:

Patcher trying to sound smart is cuter than Kapi.

Impossible 

[] [] [] {} [] 

Haven't heard from him in a while, was starting to miss him

Can a rule please be added that says that any thread about Pachter or anything he has to say on anything must be labelled clearly with "Pachter" at the start of the thread title?