By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think will get better support?

Ps4 322 58.02%

PC 168 30.27%

Results 65 11.71%

Total:555
the-pi-guy said:

My point was that we don't know what it is selling.   

Yup. I have checked some other shop sites and PSVR is ranked high everywhere.

I tried to do a research about Vive, but I dont think " Reddit " is a video game retailer.

So far, the data is PS VR >Vive.

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:

Yup. I have checked some other shop sites and PSVR is ranked high everywhere.

I tried to do a research about Vive, but I dont think " Reddit " is a video game retailer.

So far, the data is PS VR >Vive.

So far the data is: Vive and Oculus Rift > PS VR... and that won't change before October.

PS VR ain't selling before its launch, it is only collecting preorders until then.

zero129 said:
eva01beserk said:

You are not addresing the issue here. All that as you said is more power to games you can still play on consoles. There will hardly be a game, or good game you cannt play on the ps4, you can pplay it with better specs but I can play it to wich is the ppoint made on this thread, who will have the most support. But pc's will never have thhouse big hitters the exclusive sony studios will create. So at the end, ps4 will have High end eclusives made by their own studios, but pc wont, cuz every bit third party studio will port games everywhere since VR is still a gamble. The most you are going to get as exclusive on pc is little indys that dont use any of that massive pottential power.

Question. Is games like Star Citizen, XCom2, Europa Series, Civ Series, Total War Series, WoW etc all on a Sony Console?? (And thats just off the top of my head).

Also just cos the PSVR is made by Sony doesnt auto mean guaranteed support unless it sells very very well.

Sony: "PSMove has 100's of devs supporting it."

Sony: "3D on PS3 has 100's of devs working on games in 3D"

Sony: "PSVita has support of all the big devs and will continue to do so with 100's of games in development".

PSMove never got much proper support,

PS3D never got much proper support from Sony or any dev on the console, them hundreds of devs seemed to vanish.

PSVita was pretty much dropped from Sony support once they seen it didnt stand a chance against 3DS. Thank god for japan 3rd party support thanks to the PSP's success over there.

Also every game on PC will work in VR one way or another, that alone will be more support then PSVR will ever get in its lifetime on a closed system!, and even more so if VR fails on that system since support will be dropped if it does fail to think otherwise is dreaming imo.

Like i said before, imo PSVR would be a much bigger success if it really was its own platform and wasnt chained to just the PS4.

Then it would be the cheapest VR unit on PC with hundreds of PC games working right out the gate.

I thought this thread was dead, but whatever.

You are still missing the point, or discusing something that is in no way the same. All thouse games you mentioned, only star citizen is a new IP and has VR. You guys keep trying to say that Im saying PC has and wont have exclusives. Not What Im saying. Im saying is that VR is so new with basicly zero units in peoples hands, that developers will put everything on every platform just to garantee it will sell. Even the people from ocooulous and valve said it themselfs in an article not to long ago, neiither will have any exxclusive games. Its just a bad idea this early on a new super expensive product. But on the other hand, sony has its own platform and own device and own developers so it will get its own eclusive games.

Keep comparing VR to other old devices. It wont make any sense cuz its never the same, diferent product, diferent focus, diferent crowd, diferent age. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

zero129 said:
Areaz32 said:

* could you give an example? I have yet to see any pc game with the graphics fidelity of driveclub or the order 1886. Keyword here is graphics fidelity.

** Nope you are projecting your own misinformation onto reality here. The graphics we currently get are a generation ahead of the previous decade. If you look at Uncharted 4 and then on The Last of Us remastered then you will see that your arguement is completely shot down.

*** You might be right, but would you care to give some examples?

**** and this is where you dropped the chain. The graphics of Crysis 3 are not on the level of The Order 1886 or Driveclub for that matter. They use outdated rendering techniques by todays standards. Thie PBR solution is outdated along with their lighting system. 

http://i.imgur.com/8jSgo2D.jpg

Until you can show me pictures from Crysis 3 that has the z-buffer + shader fidelity in display here, you have something to prove.

When it comes to resoloution you are no longer talking about graphics fidelity. PC will always have an advantage in FPS + resoloution. 

The API stuff you talk about towards the end might very well get an improvement on PC, but at the same time PC's still have non-static hardware which means the optimization can never be as in depth as consoles.

3rd party developers have reported that they see at least a 60% performance boost in comparison to equal hardware on PC. Keyword 3rd party.

The first party games always look way better than the 3rd party games.

Rise of Tomb Raider, QB, Star Citizen are all games that has this beat easy on PC, and trust me you should go play Crysis 3 on max settings.. cos yes it does also beat The Order in a number of areas..

One more thing. Your bragging about "Graphic" fidelity like thats the only thing that matters in games. Would you really enjoy playing all games if they played like a movie in some strange res that make borders (Where no longer in the 16 bit era people!) and a FPS of less then 30 just so it can look that good??.

One more thing!. Just cos a game is also using a newer lighting tech or shader etc does not auto mean a game that isnt using that same shader etc cant look better!. And this is a silly argumement to try make imo.

You still haven't shown me any pictures.

Besides the res of The Order 1886 doesn't sacrifice the pixel density. the 16bit era didn't do this.. (wtf are you talking about)

I have played Crysis 3 on max and yes it looks great but the fidelity of the character models, lighting and shadow effects are just not as good. Neither are the z-buffer effects. Crysis 3, ROTR, QB and Star Citizen does not have anything that looks as CGI as the picture above does.

Graphics fidelity is the most important thing in determining how good the graphics are. Video game graphics is a term used to describe the various techniques used to display video games. 

"and a FPS of less then 30 just so it can look that good??."

Come on what. The game runs 30fps solidly. What are you talking about.

Besides my point was just that consoles are not behind when they can produce visuals like the ones above. PC needs to prove (with pictures please) how dominant it is in graphics because so far Crysis 3 doesn't show me anything that actually looks more CGI (ie. better) than The Order 1886 or Uncharted 4 does.

The biggest problem with VR on the PC is the hardware requirements.

GTX 970 and i5 4590 is nowhere near the average gaming PC set up.

While there's no argument that VR on PC should provide a better experience from a technical standpoint, without even delving into the differences between the VR hardware systems themselves (PS VR is not the best in this department), the reality is that it is an even smaller niche market than the $499 PS VR kit for current PS4 owners.

Around the Network

I say PS VR.

zero129 said:
eva01beserk said:

I thought this thread was dead, but whatever.

You are still missing the point, or discusing something that is in no way the same. All thouse games you mentioned, only star citizen is a new IP and has VR. You guys keep trying to say that Im saying PC has and wont have exclusives. Not What Im saying. Im saying is that VR is so new with basicly zero units in peoples hands, that developers will put everything on every platform just to garantee it will sell. Even the people from ocooulous and valve said it themselfs in an article not to long ago, neiither will have any exxclusive games. Its just a bad idea this early on a new super expensive product. But on the other hand, sony has its own platform and own device and own developers so it will get its own eclusive games.

Keep comparing VR to other old devices. It wont make any sense cuz its never the same, diferent product, diferent focus, diferent crowd, diferent age. 

Im comparing PSVR to other Sony products that they also promised lots of support for but never gave, cos them systems never took off in the way they wanted them to Trust me PSVR is no different in this regard.

And also i think your mis understanding what im saying. PSVR is fully dependent on Sony support and 3rd party support, if it fails to catch on and loses support like other Sony products have done then support is gone. PC VR on the other hand is not!. Thats why pretty much every PC game can already be used in VR, and you can bet the will be many more that will be made compatible.

Going by this stance alone, PC VR already has many more exclusives and will have many more exclusives then PSVR(Since pretty much every game released will be able to be made work in VR on PC). For instance. Can PSVR owners play CoD BO3, Dying Light, Skyrim, Fallout4, Alien Isolation, Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series etc in VR??. Like i said pretty much any game on PC can be made to work in VR.

And this is whats great with an open system since we can get games that otherwise might not of ever came to VR.

PSVR owners have no choice in what games they get or dont get. PCVR owners do thanks to modders and it being an open platform.

For instance if a PC VR owner got the next Mass Effect and decided "Shit i want to step into this worrld and see what its like", they will then be able to do that. But PSVR owners will "maybe" never be able to play the next ME in VR and the same is true for so many other AAA games.

So like i said using this stance PCVR already has the exclusives.

Heard of theater mode on PSVR? Lets you put any game on VR, Albeit just a gyant screen only, but its some support. The only games that will benefict from VR is first person games and trust me, no dev is dumb enough to no go the extra mile to just make it optional. But as always, this  is one of the big PC Master race braging rights, Mods. But again, mods arent that big of a bonus cus they usually alter a game way long after a game is relevant. 

But I know its pointless discussing this with you, cuz I know how this will go. Everyone will show you how things have gone in the past, of consoles always receiving better support because they are cheaper even though pc's are more powerfull, you will ignore it, whiile at the same time pointing out past consoles and products that failed, but for you its one way. Ill just say it again, it does not matter how much bettter it is on PC, it has always been better on pc, but also way more expensive and the mass market does not adopt PC for this reason. Gaming will always be more accecible on consoles, therefore get more support.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

Heard of theater mode on PSVR? Lets you put any game on VR, Albeit just a gyant screen only, but its some support.

Any game? Or only any PS4 game?

Heard of theater mode / virtual desktop on PC VR? It lets you put any PC game of several decades on a giant screen, probably also PS4 games (remote play), XBO games (Xbox streaming from XBO to PC), XBO-compatible 360-games (Xbox streaming from XBO to PC), Android games (BlueStacks) and older console/handheld games (emulators). When PS Now comes to PC, PS3 games should also be possible.

So the theater mode of PC VR solutions seems to be a bit more versatile than the theater mode of PSVR. ;)

zero129 said:
Areaz32 said:

You still haven't shown me any pictures.

Besides the res of The Order 1886 doesn't sacrifice the pixel density. the 16bit era didn't do this.. (wtf are you talking about)

I have played Crysis 3 on max and yes it looks great but the fidelity of the character models, lighting and shadow effects are just not as good. Neither are the z-buffer effects. Crysis 3, ROTR, QB and Star Citizen does not have anything that looks as CGI as the picture above does.

Graphics fidelity is the most important thing in determining how good the graphics are. Video game graphics is a term used to describe the various techniques used to display video games. 

"and a FPS of less then 30 just so it can look that good??."

Come on what. The game runs 30fps solidly. What are you talking about.

Besides my point was just that consoles are not behind when they can produce visuals like the ones above. PC needs to prove (with pictures please) how dominant it is in graphics because so far Crysis 3 doesn't show me anything that actually looks more CGI (ie. better) than The Order 1886 or Uncharted 4 does.

Trust me i know how this goes. I could post 100's of pics that look better then this and you would deny everyone of them so im not going to get into it.

If you believe a closed, sub 1080P@less then 30 FPS game looks better then the others named just cos its exclusive, then the is nothing more i can do for you since im not going to go around in circles here.

And yes consoles are behind for the very reason i stated above. Alot of sacrafices had to be made to get them visuals.

All i asked was for you to show me a PC game that looked more CGI.

You lied about the framerate... and now you are lying about The Order 1886 being closed. There are several open environments. 

I thought the rocket launcher, sniper and just in general most shooting sections were fairly commonly known. 

PC obviously.

VR should not be exclusively classified as a gaming experience. PSVR will get mostly game-type VR-software but overall PC wins hands down, it's not even a contest. People need to forget the games and look at the bigger picture.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198