No! 93 51.67%

Maybe? 29 16.11%

Don't Care 28 15.56%

Other 5 2.78%

Total:180

cringeworthy

it was like a parody of itself

Around the Network

Damn,its like the makers didnt even know about what made the first films great,and the humor is so cheap and without effort, yeah i really dont think those women would fit in for the roles plus overacting also doesnt help.

Could be me just wanting it to be more like the first films but im absolutely not impressed.

Oh god, it's going to get panned so hard.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

man that looks like absolute shit compared to the original

going for wayyyyy too much of a like stupid humor thing constantly. the original film was awesome because not only were the scientists in it funny but they were SOMEWHAT believable. Bill Murray doesn't have to constantly yell stupid stuff and try too hard to accomplish being funny. in this new trailer none of the females seemed believable as scientist's, nor did they everrrr seem serious :O it seems like more of a parody of Ghostbusters or an extended SNL skit

I think the casting is wrong too. I know its the same director as from "Bridesmaids" and I can't help but feel the humor and dynamic of the trailer gave a strong 'Bridesmaids' + ghosts vibe. Casting McCartyh and Wiig was a mistake in my opinion, they do the same humor over and over and over again and it gets old (although I did love Bridesmaids).

I think better female leads would have been like Sandra Bullock or Tina Fey, actresses that are great at pulling off both comedy and drama (because, again, the scientists in Ghostbusters are supposed to somewhat serious like a littleeee bit of the time).

its concerning when like none of the jokes in a TRAILER hit and fall flat. I mean trailers for comedies usually put the best jokes in them to reel in viewers. which reminds me, this new film seems to think that Ghosbusters was a pure comedy? it wasn't! it was comedic but there were some genuinely eeiry moment, like in the library and with the possession of Sigourney Weaver. This trailer and new version looks like a spoof haha

I do find it odd that the trailer seems so generic. If you're going to make a new Ghostbusters movie I feel like you either have to respect the original and pay homage to it by getting the vibe right OR go off in a totally new direction with crazy things- neither is the case. its just like a bland overly stupid comedic thing

I was originally excited when I heard about this, I thought the female lead thing could be interesting, but it looks like they went in a shit direction with this. Not sure who's more to blame- the director or the casting producer

I wanna discuss.. Really wanna discuss super heartless harshly, but... I don't wanna get banned like really, PEACE!! xD

Edit: *Goes out, puke then smokes broccoli*

Around the Network

It's not easy to make a sequel to the original Ghostbusters, it is such a well done film that was very hilarious and clever.

Even Ghostbusters II was kinda a lame retread (Bill Murray didn't like the movie).

This looks blander, none of the jokes in the trailer really work. 

Immersiveunreality said:
Damn,its like the makers didnt even know about what made the first films great,and the humor is so cheap and without effort, yeah i really dont think those women would fit in for the roles plus overacting also doesnt help.

Could be me just wanting it to be more like the first films but im absolutely not impressed.

seriously, the first Ghostbusters has such well written dialogue and timing with its joke. The main characters don't need to scream stupid things or have something terribly gross happen for it to necessarily be funny, the funniest things were the little quips and sarcastic remarks between them DURING crazy happenings.

this trailer/film seem to be going in the opposite direction as that, losing the subtle nature of the humor and just going full out retarded (I'm sorry but something like that 'exorcist' scene is absolutely retarded).

I'm with you, they could have easily went crazy with this and at least they would have been original, instead they've went extremely generic with cringey jokes that look like they written in quick 5 minute draft

TruckOSaurus said:
This doesn't seem to have the charm of the original. They seem to be aiming for full on comedy while the original was great mix of action ,comedy and horror.

its like the producers of the new one haven't watched "Ghostbusters" in a decade and don't remember it. It definitely went for a few eeiry and thrill like moments and the humor was much more laid back. 

what bothers me particularly is that the jokes in the new Ghostbusters trailer are like kind of dumb college-frat-house level sort of humor. Reminds me of something like 21 Jump Street. now while I actually like the 21 Jump Street reboot, I don't think that sort of style is at all cool or respectful for the Ghosbusters franchise. its like a big middle finger to the original's style and humor (which clearly is unanimously thought as better)

Oh dear god this trailer isnt helping the idea that this movie will suck harrrd. Also I dont think the SJWs will be happy with the black lead being the dumb "street smart" sassy character it seemed really weird even in the trailer... like they tried REALLY hard to justify why she isnt a scientist and it fell really flat XD and dat bitch slap

StarOcean said:
Oh dear god this trailer isnt helping the idea that this movie will suck harrrd. Also I dont think the SJWs will be happy with the black lead being the dumb "street smart" sassy character it seemed really weird even in the trailer... like they tried REALLY hard to justify why she isnt a scientist and it fell really flat XD and dat bitch slap

The SJW's are already revolting over that very thing.  Also Salon and The Mary Sue (surprise) have already come out basically stating if you don't like it 'Misogyny'!