Gonna watch it?

Yes! 25 13.89%

No! 93 51.67%

Maybe? 29 16.11%

Don't Care 28 15.56%

Other 5 2.78%

Total:180
TruckOSaurus said:
This doesn't seem to have the charm of the original. They seem to be aiming for full on comedy while the original was great mix of action ,comedy and horror.

Yeah.

I still remember the first ghost in the original movie, that librarian, and how when it transformed it was quite scary. That same scene is in that trailer and is cringeworthy.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
IkePoR said:
What's sad about the bad reception is that it will be treated as misogyny.

They could all be fantastic actresses, even if Ive never heard of any of them before.

My issue is the humor, and the fact that you can silly slap a ghost out of someone possesed.

Its alot less serious than the orginal ghostbusters (even if they too had a humorous side).

On the bright side, the props (the car, and costumes ect) look fantastic, as do the ghosts.

If this movie flops its because of the actors and the writeing.

And let's face it - Bill Murry's subtle whit is impossible to replicate.  It's what made the original funny, which was a more serious film.  This new film has it's prioirties out of order.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

While I applaud the all-female cast, the black woman is still being depicted as the crazy/eccentric and outlandish person, which is annoying. Not all black women are sassy princesses.

And the movie looks awful.

JEMC said:
TruckOSaurus said:
This doesn't seem to have the charm of the original. They seem to be aiming for full on comedy while the original was great mix of action ,comedy and horror.

Yeah.

I still remember the first ghost in the original movie, that librarian, and how when it transformed it was quite scary. That same scene is in that trailer and is cringeworthy.

Thats my issue too, they went full on comedy instead of takeing it abit serious.

Thats all finde and dandy if your trying to make a comedy movie... but I feel like that wasnt really the plan from the get go.

Also the humor.... the token black lady acting out, and the only reason shes apart of the crew? she "Knows" the streets, and has a car? And that part where shes goes "oh heeell no the devil is real" or some such and bitch slaps the white lady until the ghost leaves her? Borderline racist, and not really funny (im a white guy).

guiduc said:
While I applaud the all-female cast, the black woman is still being depicted as the crazy/eccentric and outlandish person, which is annoying. Not all black women are sassy princesses.

And the movie looks awful.

^ this Ghostbusters had a black person in a lead role, and he didnt seem out of place.

I dont think the new cast & writers for this movie can recreate the magic the old movies did.

Around the Network
IkePoR said:

That's true which is sad. I would be very happy if the movie turns out good, I just don't know. And it has nothing to do with a female cast, I didn't want a new male cast either :)

Everyone shit on Pixels (rightfully so) so if this does end up being bad and gets shit on (which it will regardless of whether it's good or not) it should be seen as the same as that, but it won't.

They should increase their breast sizes with cgi, that would improve the movie a lot.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

ninjapirate42 said:
IkePoR said:

That's true which is sad. I would be very happy if the movie turns out good, I just don't know. And it has nothing to do with a female cast, I didn't want a new male cast either :)

Everyone shit on Pixels (rightfully so) so if this does end up being bad and gets shit on (which it will regardless of whether it's good or not) it should be seen as the same as that, but it won't.

Pixels is one of those movies that you don't need to see to know it would be torture to watch for anyone but scarecrows.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
ninjapirate42 said:

Pixels is one of those movies that you don't need to see to know it would be torture to watch for anyone but scarecrows.

Not denying that at all haha :)

Anyone else see the pattern? Remake movie, throw women into the main character rolls due to lack of creativity and/or "hook"...

It's ridiculous.