By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Judge has no regrets over "slap on wrist" for man who killed 4 people.

She..

Deserves a life sentence. 19 33.93%

A good old fashioned flog... 13 23.21%

She is so damn sexy, wann... 1 1.79%

A bitch is a bitch - NWA 12 21.43%

9/10, IGN. 11 19.64%

Total:56
JRPGfan said:
Aeolus451 said:

You didn't read the article I take it?

Reading it now.

*edit:

Okay didnt know he tried to flee, after, and went back to partying and heavy drinking afterwards.

(though it doesnt say he was driveing or went driveing in that episode, and its not like its ilegal to drink at a bar)

Fleeing should be "added" ontop of his centence, for that drunk driveing accident.

I still dont think that warrents him anything as drastic as some forums members calling for his death.

You face reality and go "fuck it, im going to spend the rest of my life in jail" and some panic and flee.

Guy probably has a drinking problem, and should get help for it.

I'll copy over parts of the article so you'll understand my reaction at least some what better.

At the time of the 2013 crash, Couch was his father's F-150 truck with seven people inside and was found to have three times the legal limit for alcohol in his blood.

The driver of the white mercedes SUV he barreled into, 24 year old Breanna Mitchell, was killed intstandly - along with mother and daughter Holly and Shelby Boyles, and local pastor Brian Jennings. Also in court was Sergio Molina, 18, who had been riding in the back of Couch's vehicle and was left paraplegic after suffering appalling injuries in the crash.

Couch was given 10 years of probation.

He and his mother Tonya, fled across the border after a video of the teen at a beer pong party - a clear violation of the terms of his probation - surfaced online.

Around the Network

Aeolus451 I read all that already, I even stated all that above in the post you quoted. (ei him fleeing aftwards).

Still if we stick to the facts:

1) He got drunk and had a accident.
lots of people drink and drive, and lots have small accidents, his was just bigger.
No reason to condem him to death.

2) He fleed from his probation, and still went drinking afterwards (its not ilegal to drink, but still poor style).

For all you know, he could get help for his drinking issue, never have a car accident again, and be usefull to society.
Isnt that better overall? him being in prison servers no one. It doesnt bring back the dead.

If he wasnt driveing, maybe one of his other friends (that where probably also all drunk) would have droven and maybe be the one that caused the accident? Why didnt any of his friends, stop him? they all chose to get into the trunk with him. Hes not a horrible person, nor are the ones that went into the truck with him. Hes a drunk dude that made a bad choice, unlucky for him, rest of his life is messed up now. Most people that get drunk and drive just get home and sleep it off.

Damn the penalty is a joke and the judge having no regrets is disgusting, people like that shouldn't be allowed to work but I guess that's part of the bad system.

Btw the topic is on gaming discussion

John2290 said:
pokoko said:

9/11?  What are you even talking about?

You are a teen or an American right winger? Am I correct? Steel beams and thermite found at groung zero not enough? Not to mention the magical demolition of building 7. 

Wrong on both.

Haha, holy cats.  I should have known, I guess.  Unfortunately, I forgot my tinfoil hat.  As I thought this was about "slap on the wrist justice" and Europe rioting over such, which you seem to have lied about, I'm going to let you run with your agenda on your own. 

JRPGfan said:

Aeolus451 I read all that already, I even stated all that above in the post you quoted. (ei him fleeing aftwards).

Still if we stick to the facts:

1) He got drunk and had a accident.
lots of people drink and drive, and lots have small accidents, his was just bigger.
No reason to condem him to death.

2) He fleed from his probation, and still went drinking afterwards (its not ilegal to drink, but still poor style).

For all you know, he could get help for his drinking issue, never have a car accident again, and be usefull to society.
Isnt that better overall? him being in prison servers no one. It doesnt bring back the dead.

If he wasnt driveing, maybe one of his other friends (that where probably also all drunk) would have droven and maybe be the one that caused the accident? Why didnt any of his friends, stop him? they all chose to get into the trunk with him. Hes not a horrible person, nor are the ones that went into the truck with him. Hes a drunk dude that made a bad choice, unlucky for him, rest of his life is messed up now. Most people that get drunk and drive just get home and sleep it off.

@bold how do you know this?

All of your points are based off not knowing the guy. The way the system should be set up is based off what he did not if hes a stand up guy the next day the day before or if he can maybe come back from this and benefit society. Your saying he made a bad choice like thats all it was. lives ended and people were deeply affected. You say the rest of his life is messed up now. fuck him he killed people while under the influence.

Around the Network
John2290 said:

Hey, hey now. Take your Brozac and listen to my Brolonged but shortened from the wall of text I started with (For your Brovienence) you have tickled a nerve.

Can I ask, Brofessor, have you looked obectively at the facts and taken the time to research everything from the basement bombing of the 90's to the origins of the hijackers as well as a the movement of money between the the US, certain families of the middle east and the available info on what the CIA was working on and with who in that area. Now, I don't mind the tinfoil hat "insult" (I love my hat, its full of jewels and swag).

What I do take offence to is the assumtion that I have some agenda. I'm an Irish man, who has taken the time to invest hundreds of hours to come to a reasonable decision on one of the most historic and landscape changing events of my time, A decision take took me years to come to, I have no concern of what you believe or how you choose to look at the subject, I know the want of ignorance, esspecially if you are a Yank, 

Do not assume I have some agenda because i choose to come to my own conclusions on matters that are of importence to ones own conscious awareness of the world we live even if it earns me the loaded title of "Conspiracy theorist",

Good day, Brotector of acceptible truth. Have a Bronderful, Joy filled day and have a better night my good, Bro.

I didn't actually read that because I couldn't get past the inane "bro" stuff.  What's with that?  It looks silly.  Actually, you know what, nevermind.

John2290 said:
pokoko said:

I didn't actually read that because I couldn't get past the inane "bro" stuff.  What's with that?  It looks silly.  Actually, you know what, nevermind.

Ah, the old "I didn't read it" out. Well bro, I'll sum it up, I do not care if you read it or not, in fact by not reading it and ignoring it completely you will get the point of the entire reply.

Also, Brooooo? I was trying to be more American for you...like chewing gum.

What the fuck are you talking about?  That might be one of the dumbest generalizations I've ever seen.

You think thats bad? Nz has the softest system I've seen lol

John2290 said:
pokoko said:

Wrong on both.

Haha, holy cats.  I should have known, I guess.  Unfortunately, I forgot my tinfoil hat.  As I thought this was about "slap on the wrist justice" and Europe rioting over such, which you seem to have lied about, I'm going to let you run with your agenda on your own. 

Hey, hey now. Take your Brozac and listen to my Brolonged but shortened from the wall of text I started with (For your Brovienence) you have tickled a nerve.

Can I ask, Brofessor, have you looked obectively at the facts and taken the time to research everything from the basement bombing of the 90's to the origins of the hijackers as well as a the movement of money between the the US, certain families of the middle east and the available info on what the CIA was working on and with who in that area. Now, I don't mind the tinfoil hat "insult" (I love my hat, its full of jewels and swag).

What I do take offence to is the assumtion that I have some agenda. I'm an Irish man, who has taken the time to invest hundreds of hours to come to a reasonable decision on one of the most historic and landscape changing events of my time, A decision take took me years to come to, I have no concern of what you believe or how you choose to look at the subject, I know the want of ignorance, esspecially if you are a Yank, 

Do not assume I have some agenda because i choose to come to my own conclusions on matters that are of importence to ones own conscious awareness of the world we live even if it earns me the loaded title of "Conspiracy theorist",

Good day, Brotector of acceptible truth. Have a Bronderful, Joy filled day and have a better night my good, Bro.

...when you're done auditioning for that workout themed Doritos commercial...I'd actually be interested in hearing what you have to say. It'd be informative to get an Irish perspective on things, even if it's not the norm. Can you elaborate on what evidence has led you to these conclusions?

Aeolus451 said:
The judge was probably lenient because he's young. Should have just made an example of him, life in prison or death penalty.

You can't get the death penalty for vehicular manslaughter since its pretty much impossible to proof that any of those cases are premeditated.