By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation got an answer to "Fable"

BasilZero said:
This game is...a year old.

Its also on PS3 and Xbox360 l0l.

Thought this was a first party developed title/IP that is similar to Fable....disappointed.

kowenicki said:
Wasn't this on the 360 and PS3? I'm sure I've played it.

It's originally game from 2010. Complete Tale is Arcania: Gothic 4 + Expansion from 2013. (as I said in previous post, it has nothing to do with actual Gothic by Piranha Bytes, Risen 1 being spiritual successor to that).

Around the Network

You know what needs a good alternative to fable these days? The Xbox one...

playstation doesnt need an answer to fable... or anything else.

Hiku said:
Azzanation said:

I wouldnt put these two games in the same league as eachother. just like Sony's answer to Killer Instinct. I am no fan of Fable, but Fable is Fable.

What's Sony's answer to Killer Instinct? Primal Rage?

SFV

Hunting Season is done...

Gothic 4 is nothing like Fable.

Also: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/arcania-the-complete-tale

Cover looks quite bad. The gameplay looks even worse.

Around the Network

Metacritic says otherwise. Not a huge fan of fable but this game looks like trash.

I would actually prefer to like Gothic 4, because i liked Gothic. But it's a mediocre game at best, if not a bad one.
And it definitely isn't like Fable.
If you want a better game like Gothic try the Risen series. Which still is quite different to Fable. Console versions of Risen aren't that good though.

This game is third party and also available on the 360 so it really isn't Playstation's answer to Fable. Also even though Fable 2 and especially 3 weren't as good as the first game this game looks a lot worse and has a lot lower metascore then any of the main Fable games. Its probably better then the Fable Kinect game though but that is not saying much since almost every game is better than that.

HoloDust said:
Uhm, no.

Arcania, which launched as Arcania: Gothic 4 is game that came into existence when Piranha Bytes, creators of Gothic, one of the best WRPG series out there, parted their ways with publisher JoWood and latter hiring Spellbound to make sequel to Gothic 3 (which they miserably failed).

It's really not very good game, and though Fable 3 was a big let down, this is a lot worse.

why do you think its a bad game? I really like it so far. The gameplay is very similar to fable imo. Feel free to give some reasons :)

Mafioso said:
Its like Fable... but not really...minus the charm .

why not really? The gameplay is very, very similar imo. Its a little bit more mature and hardcore. I play on difficulty "gothic" and its like a mix between fable and dark souls.