By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation got an answer to "Fable"

BraLoD said:
JNK said:

Well personal opinions are different, do you know?

I played witcher 3 btw. It was a good game, not as good as many are saying in my opinion though.

That's probably why he is poiting Bloodborne and Souls.

Witcher 3 seems beautiful and huge, but the gameplay looks meh (at least IMO), while the Souls gameplay are amazing, you feel it all over.

You should really try Souls/Bloodborne if you can.

ill swap order1886 with bloodborne with an friend for some weeks soon, thanks thoug

Around the Network
MartinD said:

Sorry to ruin your dreams. It is gothic 4. Gothic came originally from germany and was a secret, as not very well known, action rpg masterpiece. Meanwhile there were some bankruptcies, developerteam changes ...
The result, arcania (gothic 4) received a terrible review of 40% (4players.de).
So, prepare to be bored soon.

im 5 hours in now, just killed dartan. im still enjoying it. its really fun.

HoloDust said:
JNK said:

why do you think its a bad game? I really like it so far. The gameplay is very similar to fable imo. Feel free to give some reasons :)

I haven't said it's a bad game per se (then again, I would play almost anything from the genre) - I said it's not very good. But my point of view is from someone who considers Gothic 1/2 to be best western action-RPG open world games, and I find even Gothic 3 more enjoyable (for my taste) than, let's say Witcher 3. Arcania: Gothic 4 was a massive let down for Gothic fans, not fully unexpected though given that it's not Piranha Bytes game.

Similarly, Fable 1 and 2 were really good games (though I prefer 1), Fable 3 was quite a dissapointment compared to them...yet, not as big as Arcania compared to Gothic 1/2/3.

It's still playable game, but not in the league with Fable 1/2...and certainly not in league with Gothic 1/2.

well i just played fable 1,2 and now playing arcania from that list and so far i think all those games are equally good. so far i like arcania much more then something like skyrim (what i think is super boring with bad combat). but many people like skyrim, tastes are different^^

The world doesn't need another Fable.

Well, regardless of what you think of the quality of Arcania, the fact is it isn't a SONY property. It's the bastard child of the Gothic series which was PC exclusive. And it was also initially released on the X360. Sony just happened to get an HD remake with expansions.

I honestly grew bored with the game a couple years ago and haven't gotten too far in it, so I can't comment too much on its quality. But I can tell you that what I did play was nothing compared to what the Gothic series started out as, and what Risen has done to continue the "series".

Luckily, Piranha Bytes has the rights to the Gothic series once more, so hopefully we get a REAL Gothic 4 some time in the future.

*edit* This is what they're actually working on right now.  And it looks bloody fantastic:

ELEX:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/411300/

Around the Network
think-man said:
Sony doesn't need an answer to fable, seriously that franchise is overrated. If it were a multiplatform game nobody would care about it.

Hold your horses right there. Fable is awesome and far from being overrated (they're considered mostly good/great games); Fable 1 and 3 are multiplatform and people do care about them. Your argument is invalid.

Can someone post the gameplay link?

HoloDust said:
Uhm, no.

Arcania, which launched as Arcania: Gothic 4 is game that came into existence when Piranha Bytes, creators of Gothic, one of the best WRPG series out there, parted their ways with publisher JoWood and latter hiring Spellbound to make sequel to Gothic 3 (which they miserably failed).

It's really not very good game, and though Fable 3 was a big let down, this is a lot worse.

I was just about to point that out but you ebat me to the punch.

Also Steam reviews from some eyars ago still hold up to today:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39690/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65610/

Also I forgot this was released on the 360 as well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcania:_Gothic_4

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

CladInShadows said:

*edit* This is what they're actually working on right now.  And it looks bloody fantastic:

ELEX:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/411300/

Damn, thanks for pointing out what they're working on. Looks pretty nice from the shtos alone, I'll have to keep an eye on that for the future.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Every review says this game is trash and that gameplay looked like trash, so the game is most likely trash