By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation got an answer to "Fable"

think-man said:

Personally i like rpgs that take me longer than a day to finish lol

I personally like RPGs that take me longer than one hit to defeat the final boss, but I still love Fable. :P

Around the Network
think-man said:
Sony doesn't need an answer to fable, seriously that franchise is overrated. If it were a multiplatform game nobody would care about it.

Fable isn't over rated, it has great chram. Something most games lack. Any game that sells millions on Xbox would sell millions on Playstation as well. The average consumer is not some forum dweller that buys games for exclusivity.

Anyhow, I agree Sony doesn't NEED an answer to Fable. But Infamous was obviously designed to be as a response to both Crackdown and Fable. Killzone and Resistance were Sony's answer to Halo. Much of the casual stuff Sony did was an answer to Nintendo software. You get the point.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

JNK said:
Chris Hu said:
This game is third party and also available on the 360 so it really isn't Playstation's answer to Fable. Also even though Fable 2 and especially 3 weren't as good as the first game this game looks a lot worse and has a lot lower metascore then any of the main Fable games. Its probably better then the Fable Kinect game though but that is not saying much since almost every game is better than that.

Well i played fable 1 + 2 and this one and in my opinion they are very similar. So far i would even say i like arcania more. Metacritic is not everything, im very happy with my purchase, if you dont like it its not a problem for me though ;)

The only way I would play this game is if could get a new copy for the 360 dirt cheap on Amazon but not anytime soon since I still have two vastly superior games that are also similar to Fable that I haven't beaten yet (Darksider 2 and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning).

Chris Hu said:
JNK said:

Well i played fable 1 + 2 and this one and in my opinion they are very similar. So far i would even say i like arcania more. Metacritic is not everything, im very happy with my purchase, if you dont like it its not a problem for me though ;)

The only way I would play this game is if could get a new copy for the 360 dirt cheap on Amazon but not anytime soon since I still have two vastly superior games that are also similar to Fable that I haven't beaten yet (Darksider 2 and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning).

i played darksider 2 already but didnt liked it much. imo arcania is the better game, but feel free to make your ow expierences ;) I dont know anything about koa though

BraLoD said:
Wright said:

I personally like RPGs that take me longer than one hit to defeat the final boss, but I still love Fable. :P

You should really try LoD then xP

I'm good with Zestiria at the moment.

Around the Network

I don't think sony needs to have an answer to Fable, cause fable sucks

BraLoD said:
Wright said:

I'm good with Zestiria at the moment.

Don't remember giving you a choice...

Probably because your memory is fuzzy.

HoloDust said:
Chazore said:

Oh boy I totally forgot it's the same devs that were behind the Risen series, I'll be staying a few steps away from it and just watch from afar, especially upon release. I still remember AJ reviewing the first 3 Risen games and how they played out. I still hope they manage to hit a home run with this new game of theirs though.

If you're reffering to Angry Joe - yeah...he's kinda laughing stock among PB fans, he couldn't play Risen games if his life depended on it (though he claimed he's a Gothic fan). As I said, Risen 1 was quite good game, Risen 2/3 were ok, but nowhere near good as Gothic.

Yep, Risen was great. Almost up there with the original Gothic games, in my opinion.  Gothic 3 and Risen 2/3 were decent.  Definitely better than Arcania.

JNK said:
Lawlight said:
Can someone post the gameplay link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkfMzTMg-PA

The fact that you can actually survive all these multiple-enemy ecounters is just proof of how far removed Arcania is from the great series it spawned from.

CladInShadows said:
JNK said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkfMzTMg-PA

The fact that you can actually survive all these multiple-enemy ecounters is just proof of how far removed Arcania is from the great series it spawned from.

im comparing it to fable, not gothic 1-3