By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 6/Gears of War 4 Coming To Windows 10 (RUMOUR)

Microsoft needs to release all of its first party games on PC. There is no need to keep games exclusive to the xbox console.

People who own nice gaming PCs are going to be buying all the third party games on PC anyway. So there is really no reason to try to tempt them to buy an xbox one with exclusive games. I doubt the xbox one has very good margins, so if they are only going to be selling first party games to these customers might as well let them buy those games on the windows store.

On the other hand this won't really sway the mainstream gamer, who doesn't own a nice gaming PC, further towards the playstation because that gamer still won't have the ability to play these games.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
They really do not want me to buy an Xbox do they?

If they get you to switch to the Windows Store for all your pc games then no. They get a cut from any purchase you make there, and looking and Steam that can be extremely profitable.

*prays that Rare Replay gets a PC release too*

bet: lost

People says that it doesnt matter.

Lets wait for the Quatum Break release date, i predict that the game wont move any needles when it comes to hardware pushing for several reasons, one of them being the availability of the game on PC. And last but not least the hilarious boycott of the Xbox extremist who are butt hurt with Phil Spencer because of the "betrayal".

I personally dont have a Gaming Rig, but if i had a capable one i wouldnt have bought the Xbox One.

Of all the Xbox One exclusives, the one that catch my attention the most was Quantum Break, which is now a "Microsoft Exclusive".

Zekkyou said:
Jazz2K said:
The more people can enjoy these games the better. People's main complaint about these moves are that they won't buy an Xbox One but clearly they never intended to buy one anyway and never cared for the state of the console. So if they buy the games through Win10 Store then I see only positives.

Forza is an excellent racer and the soon to be released FH3 is sure to lead the genre once again.

Generalizations like this are little better than the ones where people say stuff like this will kill Xbox.

I know right. I usualy don't participate in this kind of debate but I think this is getting out of hand haha... really! Suddenly so many people were getting an Xbox One... it's the most popular console since QB was announced for PC, hilarious.

Around the Network

I'm skeptical.

The case of Remedy and Quantum Break is particular because Remedy has always worked for PC and all their previous games have had a PC launch. It wouldn't surprise anyone that MSoft and Remedy had the PC port signed since day one but couldn't talk about it.

But when it comes to Forza and Gears of War... well, let's put it this way: during last year's E3, MSoft revealed the remaster of the first Gears of War for XboxOne and PC. The XboxOne game launched in August, the PC one still hasn't launched.

So yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

PenguinZ said:

I'm not really sure why this matters... People still bought an Xbox One for Titanfall, despite it being cross released at the same time on PC... At the end of the day it's more exposure on the market for the game and opens it up to two platforms. More software sales isn't really a bad thing, considering that's where the money's made.

I'm not really convinced that the majority of people who would buy an Xbox One for X or Y game would suddenly reconsider because it's on PC too, unless of course they had a proper gaming rig to run the game on, which I would find unlikely for the majority out there.. If not, it's far more likely that they would still buy the Xbox One for the game(s), as opposed to the second option of making a more costly investment in a gaming PC.

Actually yes it does matter....for a certain group of gamers who aren't even Xbox fans and yes people STILL bought the X1 for Titanfall even thought it was available for PC which I keep trying to tell people but refuse to accept.

AEGRO said:

i predict that the game wont move any needles when it comes to hardware pushing for several reasons, one of them being the availability of the game on PC. 

Yup just like when Titanfall didn't move any needles.....oh wait!

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:

PenguinZ said:

I'm not really sure why this matters... People still bought an Xbox One for Titanfall, despite it being cross released at the same time on PC... At the end of the day it's more exposure on the market for the game and opens it up to two platforms. More software sales isn't really a bad thing, considering that's where the money's made.

I'm not really convinced that the majority of people who would buy an Xbox One for X or Y game would suddenly reconsider because it's on PC too, unless of course they had a proper gaming rig to run the game on, which I would find unlikely for the majority out there.. If not, it's far more likely that they would still buy the Xbox One for the game(s), as opposed to the second option of making a more costly investment in a gaming PC.

Actually yes it does matter....for a certain group of gamers who aren't even Xbox fans and yes people STILL bought the X1 for Titanfall even thought it was available for PC which I keep trying to tell people but refuse to accept.

AEGRO said:

i predict that the game wont move any needles when it comes to hardware pushing for several reasons, one of them being the availability of the game on PC. 

Yup just like when Titanfall didn't move any needles.....oh wait!

There's a reason why It's called FPShooterBox. Just saying

-User was warned for this post ~ CGI-Quality

i think, that is terrible for the xbox one hardware sales figures. all xone-exclusives going to pc ? then.. many player have no interest in the console. well, lets see.

At this point, no need to put " rumor" anymore when it comes to à X1 "exclusive "

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m