By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot's review of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is horrendous

Do you agree with Gamespot's review and rating on DKCTF?

Yes 25 15.43%

No 110 67.90%

Some things 6 3.70%

I dont care, im just here to see the results 21 12.96%

Total:162

In the end its a opinion and nothing more. It was also nominated for Wii U GOTY. They also said that there were quite a few people in the offices who disagreed with the review.

Same thing happened to Luigi's mansion. 6.0 and nominated for GOTY. It happens.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
Arlo said:
It's Gamespot. They've had an anti-Nintendo bias for YEARS. (And I don't throw that term around lightly.)

Ohh that's why almost every Nintendo-published game on Gamespot gets a 9 or 10, with very few dipping below an 8. This in their own words mean they think most Nintendo games are "great" -  because they clearly hate Nintendo. Of course.

"Almost every" is a gross exaggeration.  Yeah, they give plenty of Nintendo games good scores, especially in recent years, but as long as they've been around they've had a ton of ridiculous reviews.  For a while they were consistently at the very bottom of just about every review score list for Nintendo games.

There's no reason to talk about this damn review once again.. We all know it suck balls!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Not the first time that Gamespot has unfairly slammed a Nintendo game with a low score, but this one was especially unreasonable. 6.0? Bad level design?? Ridiculous.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Platina said:
Those dislikes though :p

6/10 isn't a horrible score though..

Video game scores are really inflated. Anything under 7 is considered pretty trash. If things were done right 5 would be average score but right now 5 is given to broken, buggy and/or terrible games. 

Around the Network

Funny thing is that DKTP got nominated for Gamespot best WiiU game that year. In the nominations vid the other editors exposed the reviewer. The reason for the score is because the game kicked his butt, aparently.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

if this would be an indie game it would be a 9/10 according to them

how could this game receive a lower score than DKCR? imo it is better than returns in every possible point.

green_sky said:
Platina said:
Those dislikes though :p

6/10 isn't a horrible score though..

Video game scores are really inflated. Anything under 7 is considered pretty trash. If things were done right 5 would be average score but right now 5 is given to broken, buggy and/or terrible games. 

It is a bit odd, indeed.

For how I view ratings, 7 would be about average, and 6 would be below so even then, I wouldn't call it horrendous :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I disagree with him. Its my favorite DKC game. He should have at least mentioned the soundtrack though.