By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot's review of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is horrendous

Do you agree with Gamespot's review and rating on DKCTF?

Yes 25 15.43%

No 110 67.90%

Some things 6 3.70%

I dont care, im just here to see the results 21 12.96%

Total:162
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
It was 5.0 at first and was accidentally posted early or something (and then removed), but it became such a huge outrage that they changed it to 6.0.

6.0 is actually their improved score.

LOL

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Volterra_90 said:

It's one of the worst reviews I've heard in years. Really, I absolutely despise Gamespot this gen. Some of their Nintendo reviews are shit. Not only this one. And I don't care about the score, it's just that some reviews are awfully bad.

Well, and some scores. I mean: Yoshi's Wolly World a 6/10, Kirby: Rainbow Curse, 5/10,...

Don't forget Dark Moon either. That review was when I personally checked out lol

Holy fuck, I didn't know about it. It's indeed a shit review. And their cons are checkpoints and difficulty spikes. In a game based in short levels and it's an easy game. Frustration he said. I'm angry xDDDD

Also another criminal review for Wii U game buy gamespot, Zombi U!

They gave Zombi U score of 4.5! That in same time lowest score that Zombi U recived.
They review was very early and I think it was first available Zombi U review and hurt so much great game!

Whats funny is that they gave Zombie HD port score of 7.5 and while original received 4.5! :)

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/zombiu-review/1900-6400225/
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/zombiu/critic-reviews

Miyamotoo said:

Also another criminal review for Wii U game buy gamespot, Zombi U!

They gave Zombi U score of 4.5! That in same time lowest score that Zombi U recived.
They review was very early and I think it was first available Zombi U review and hurt so much great game!

Whats funny is that they gave Zombie HD port score of 7.5 and while original received 4.5! :)

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/zombiu-review/1900-6400225/
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/zombiu/critic-reviews

Really? They are the same game xDDDDDDDD. That's nice periodism right here. I guess they change the reviewer, but you can't have on the same page a 3 point difference between version of the same game. It's pathetic. 

Yeah that was one of a list of game spot reviews I assembled a year or so ago where they just ripped on otherwise good Nintendo games lol

Of course there's no conspiracy and they've given Nintendo games good reviews as well, but it was just a running gag for a while... They were frequently the lowest score on metacritic. Here's a few of the more shocking ones:

ZombiU: Metacritic 77, Gamespot 45 (lowest of all reviews)

DKC Tropical Freeze: Metacritic 83, Gamespot 60 (lowest of all reviews)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse: Metacritic 73, Gamespot 50 (very nearly the lowest of all reviews)

Shovel Knight: Metacritic 88, Gamespot 70 (lowest of all reviews)

Yoshi's Wooly World: Metacritic 78, Gamespot 60 (lowest of all reviews)

Around the Network

I don't think it's so much a Nintendo thing (it is to some degree, I mean I still haven't forgiven them for giving Skyward Sword a 7.5) but I think it's mostly a 2D platformer problem. They clearly don't have any reviewers with an appreciation for the genre.

Cream147 said:
I don't think it's so much a Nintendo thing (it is to some degree, I mean I still haven't forgiven them for giving Skyward Sword a 7.5) but I think it's mostly a 2D platformer problem. They clearly don't have any reviewers with an appreciation for the genre.

Well he does talk positively about Rayman Legends in the review.

KLXVER said:
Cream147 said:

Well he does talk positively about Rayman Legends in the review.

ok, you know what, I take it back, it is just a Nintendo thing!

I haven't touched Gamespot in ages. That video review was three minutes of my life I'll never get back.

I noticed that a disproportionate part of the review (most of the first half) was just showing footage of the first world, and I swear the exact same bit of a world 1 level was shown twice in a montage when the guy was talking about it being repetitive. Almost like he really wanted to convince us of his point. Possibly like the video editor was just lazy. Possibly both.

Its an opinion... I guess... Never the less, watching that review made me want a WiiU That game looks tits

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!