By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you were surprised by.

Xenoblade Chronicles blew my mind about how awesome a single game could possibly be. Metroid Other M was also surprisingly very good, andte Crystal Bearers makes me REALLY wish they would make a sequel for Wii U. All amazing games.

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
Probably Undertale.

I came into the game having no idea what it was about, thinking it would be some short, weird 8-bit game about memes or something.

Boy was I wrong, and it was one heck of a ride.

I dont get it, i never played it, how can it be sooo good? Compare to maybe Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii

gravity rush remaster. always had a minor interest in this game. im not so much into anime... especially when it comes to games. i had my difficulties with the controls initially. found them akward, the concept good but execution poor. but i didnt give up and after a while i started to master it. now i looking forward playing GR2. i still get confused very quickly.

Hunting Season is done...

The year was 1986. I was 7. The princess, as it turns out, was in another castle. I was mortified.

Vanquish, Splatoon, Super Paper Mario, Uncharted 2 to name a few.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Project M mod for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Splatoon, Pokemon Black (after a long hiatus from the pokemon series), Elite Beat Agents, and Mother 3 (after being sorely disappointed from EarthBound's boring gameplay and mechanics)

I can't really recall when I was last surprised by how good a game turned out to be.

I have however, had lots of games that I was looking forward to end up being complete disappointments. Batman: Arkham Knight is one prime example.

Played Gears Ultimate last month, my first Gears game. Surprised how well it held up for a ten year old game.

Dragon's Dogma
Divinity Original Sin

Some of the better RPGs I've played in the last half decade, and really kinda picked them up on a whim, without quite knowing what I was getting

More recently, The Wonderful 101. I think it's a fantastic and innovative hack n' slash. And fun as fuck once you get the controls.