By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you were surprised by.

Hyrule Warriors.

I expected it to be a mildly interesting diversion while I wait for Zelda U. Ended up being one of my favourite Wii U titles.

Around the Network

Wolfenstein: The New Order

I honestly expected a braindead shooter. But its story, characters, musics and overall design were really great, and I loved it.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

One of those times was when I briefly played both GTA III and GTA Vice City at my cousin's house. I honestly was mindblown of that freedom to do whatever you wanted back then. Compared to Driver 2 which I was playing endlessly on my PS1, GTA III was a huge leap in everything. Many kind of cars, a massive improvement on graphics, weapons... lots of weapons, sandbox style where you could be able to access missions at free will...

I wanted to play Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando after seeing it on a Game Informer, so I got hyped for a game I've never heard about before and I blindly wished for a series I've never played before. Got in on Christmas Day and I made a blind leap towards it, and immediately fell in love with it. The characters were lovable, the weapons were epic, the settings were fantastically good looking and the gameplay was oh so good. Been a Ratchet & Clank fan since then.

I think the next one had to be Resident Evil 4. The game gradually became better and better, the atmosphere was thrilling and addictive. The village, the castle, the island... they all felt well done and seamless. And a special nod to the regenerators.

Back in 2009, I've been hearing a lot of praise for Uncharted 2 for how good it was. I managed to avoid spoilers, but I was morbidly curious about the music, especially The Reunion, which I found to be mesmerizing and haunting. Naturally, I hyped myself up until Christmas Day arrived. And I got immediately hooked by it. The presentation, the order of events, the intro scene, the rest of the scenes... I couldn't stop playing it.

Hmm, for me, probably Wind Waker and Trauma Center: Second Opinion.

I thought both would be dumb games, with WW being a kiddy looking game, and TC being again about... being a surgeon! Surprisingly, both turned out to be really fun games, and TC turned me into a fan of the series...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

AZWification said:

Vanquish, Splatoon, Super Paper Mario, Uncharted 2 to name a few.

Vanquish! I forgot about that game! I couldn't believe how good that game was. It looked so bad but was actually a ton of fun.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Recently just ALBW's

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Fire Emblem Awakening
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Assassin's Creed II
Resident Evil Remake and 4
Okami
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (NGC)

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Tearaway - I expected little and enjoyed one of the most endearing and charming games ever played, I smiled almost the entire time.

RDR, the only previous open world game i had played was GTA and i don't like that series, so i thought it'd be more of the same just in a western scenario, i was wrong. It's one of the best games out there.

Normchacho said:
AZWification said:

Vanquish, Splatoon, Super Paper Mario, Uncharted 2 to name a few.

Vanquish! I forgot about that game! I couldn't believe how good that game was. It looked so bad but was actually a ton of fun.

Yeah, it's still one of my favorite shooters! It's a shame a sequel won't happen anytime soon... :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---