By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Do You Want to See from the NX Virtual Console?

Jumpin said:
lo.oks said:
Ultrashroomz said:
I just want more variety in general, especially when it comes to NES and SNES, considering those consoles had large libraries.

Games are much more expensive to make nowadays, so we will never have a game library as big as the SNES's again (on a Nintendo console), which is unfortunate.

I wouldn't mind if the industry lowered the production costs of games, in place of getting a bigger variety of games (and more new IP's).

We need less cinematics and more gameplay.

The SNES library is about equal to the 3DS library at 784 games. But the Wii had a significantly greater number at nearly 1800, and DS even more so at 2100. So not only do Nintendo's consoles have significantly more games in the last generation, but this generation they're still exceeding those numbers. The Wii U doesn't have as many, but it is not due to it being expensive to make games for, it's because no one wants to make games for it.

NX will likely exceed SNES as well.

Oh, I was thinking more about the home consoles. But the Wii did have a huge library indeed. Still, it did not felt as varied as the SNES one. But maybe it's just my nostalgia that is misleading me into thinking that.  :P

Around the Network

On NX VC by the end of its life i want there to be
NES-WiiU (ofc only a few Wii U games will be supported due to the gamepad).

Achievements. As pointless as it may sound to some people, an achievement system would give a lot of people incentive to buy and replay old games. I still don't understand why Nintendo hasn't implemented one yet as there are a ton of people who would buy old NES/SNES games if only to add points/trophies into their achievement scoring profile.

i want a better variety of Wii games and i want gamecube games. it should also work the same way the Xbox One does where if you have the original game you can download it for free. and it should all be upscaled to 1080p 60fps

I buy all my retro games physically and play them on their original consoles but for those who don't, it would be nice to have ALL Nintendo first party games from NES to Wii-U available digitally. Throw in the huge key, third party games as well, but make sure all first party games were there.

Around the Network

Games. The Wii U and 3DS VC seriously lack compared to the Wii one

Really, all I want are the games available on Wii, Wii U, and 3DS available on it, and expand it from there.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I just wish I don't have to pay again for the same games I've bought before. Hopefully It'll be cross-play, and it carries over all my 3DS and WiiU virtual console games.

GAMECUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commodore Amiga games.

I LOVE ICELAND!