By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Do You Want to See from the NX Virtual Console?

Going off of the assumption that the NX is both a home and handheld console/a new brand for Nintendo that bridges home and handheld, what would you like to see from its Virtual Console service, in terms of systems supported, etc?

I want to see the GameCube get support, while they should get Sega back on board and release Master System, Genesis (CD and 32X), Saturn, and Dreamcast games for it. All around, they should also work towards getting a huge library of games for VC like they did with the Wii, and not with the Wii U.

Personally, I think that Virtual Console games should lower prices. They're too high. Especially when you can just use an emulator with more games supported for absolutely free. If I could get my way, these would be the NA price points:

NES/Master System/Game Boy/GBC - $2.99

SNES/Genesis/GBA - $4.99

N64/Saturn - $6.99

GCN/Dreamcast/DS - $9.99

Wii - $14.99

If anything, I firmly believe that there should be a subscription feature for VC. But that won't happen.

bet: lost

Around the Network

Everything that Wii, Wii U and 3DS currently have, on launch day.

I honestly want a subscription service. HAPPILY would pay $50 even $60 a year for a playstation plus method.

I really wish they'd upres those games. Especially on systems like the DS and 3DS that can use it.

Everything in posts 1-3. I'm not double dipping on games. And I get that Nintendo doesn't want to devalue the price of games, but NES, SNES and N64 games have had the same price for 10 years now. Lower those bastards.

Around the Network

I just want more variety in general, especially when it comes to NES and SNES, considering those consoles had large libraries.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Robust library of selected Nintendo consoles.
Home console: NES / SNES / N64 / GC / Wii and Wii U (not as Virtual Console, but as e-shop re-releases like the Wii ones for Wii U)
Handheld: NES / GB(C) / SNES / GBA / DS / 3DS (not as Virtual Console, but as e-shop re-releases like the Wii ones for Wii U)

Ultrashroomz said:
I just want more variety in general, especially when it comes to NES and SNES, considering those consoles had large libraries.

Games are much more expensive to make nowadays, so we will never have a game library as big as the SNES's again (on a Nintendo console), which is unfortunate.

I wouldn't mind if the industry lowered the production costs of games, in place of getting a bigger variety of games (and more new IP's).

We need less cinematics and more gameplay.

I want more of Nintendo's first party and I want them to create powerful emulators to run games from DreamCast, Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, and Wii. Nintendo's virtual console should be stuffed with thousands of titles. But something is telling me it's Nintendo's fault for not streamlining the process. There should be a one size fits all for each emulator much like developers have done on I don't know...HOMEBREW. I also want it to be able to play handheld games as well. There's a 100% compatible, full speed, GBA emulator on the Wii and it's one size fits all. The program is less than a friggin megabyte. I love Nintendo but when it comes to emulators that could bolster up the VC very easily, I want them to show out or get out.

lo.oks said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Games are much more expensive to make nowadays, so we will never have a game library as big as the SNES's again (on a Nintendo console), which is unfortunate.

I wouldn't mind if the industry lowered the production costs of games, in place of getting a bigger variety of games (and more new IP's).

We need less cinematics and more gameplay.

The SNES library is about equal to the 3DS library at 784 games. But the Wii had a significantly greater number at nearly 1800, and DS even more so at 2100. So not only do Nintendo's consoles have significantly more games in the last generation, but this generation they're still exceeding those numbers. The Wii U doesn't have as many, but it is not due to it being expensive to make games for, it's because no one wants to make games for it.

NX will likely exceed SNES as well.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.