By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NX Handheld to Release in 2016 According to IHS Inc - A US Research Firm

Either way works for me. If Wii U is replaced this year, good, if not, good.

I just hope if the console doesn't hit until next year, the Wii U gets a good amount of games still this year.

Basically, make a product I want and I'll buy it, don't care about the release date as much. I'm more interested in seeing what it is

[] [] [] {} [] 

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
JRPGfan said:

Rock simulator 2017?

That one rock is the Zelda game....

So, Nintendo will release another handheld after 3DS? Well, that makes sense. Nintendo has enough popular franchises to keep the handheld market alive for another gen.

However, I won't believe any rumors until Nintendo says something. And if they don't reveal it until E3... Well, probably nothing is coming this year.

Going by this article one of their analyst believes that the NX handheld is coming out this year so this is pretty much speculation.Like other NX hh coming out in 2016 are speculation by analysts.

TheLegendofDS said:
Going by this article one of their analyst believes that the NX handheld is coming out this year so this is pretty much speculation.Like other NX hh coming out in 2016 are speculation by analysts.

Yes. I am really, really tired of all this speculation. That's why I'll probably ignore everything until Nintendo comes up with actual info.

Around the Network
TheLegendofDS said:

True, but he has a great reason behind the speculation. The screen sizes. There are varying screen sizes being made, 3" and 5" which implies to him that Nintendo is going to stick with the standard and XL sizes of a handheld. They wouldn't need varying screen sizes if they were all for just the NX controller or whatever it is haha. Also, the Wii U gamepad screen size was over 6" so they would at least match that with a new tablet style controller, telling us that these screens are not for the home console. Just my take.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

JRPGfan said:
Edwardooo said:
If that's the case (which I don't believe at all), what games will the Wii U have for its last holiday, except Zelda ?

At least it would have 5 years and consumers won't lose confidence on Nintendo, despite the delays, droughts, low sales, unambitious library, a wasteland ahead... No! Only a random cycle matters.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

dongo8 said:
TheLegendofDS said:

True, but he has a great reason behind the speculation. The screen sizes. There are varying screen sizes being made, 3" and 5" which implies to him that Nintendo is going to stick with the standard and XL sizes of a handheld. They wouldn't need varying screen sizes if they were all for just the NX controller or whatever it is haha. Also, the Wii U gamepad screen size was over 6" so they would at least match that with a new tablet style controller, telling us that these screens are not for the home console. Just my take.

The screen size is actually a reason to believe that NX handheld and homeconsole versions are coming at the same time,atleast to me.As far as I can remember Nintendo as never released an standard handheld size along side the XL version at launch,the 3"screen could be for the hh and the 5" could be for the homeconsole, if the NX is going to have a new version of the gamepad,witch I think it will,then they need to resolve 2 of the gamepad biggest issues it's size and price,there are people that think the gamepad is too big and that it can be uncomfortable, and the gamepad as being blamed multiple times for the Wii U,so reducing the size of the gamepad could solve both problems.

Wow... wow... there is no "first" on that article, you made that up. It just says the NX is the sucessor to the 3DS.

This i find within the realm of possibility.

dongo8 said:
TheLegendofDS said:

It doesnt say anything about multiple screen sizes, it just said screens between 3.1-5 inches will see a rise in shipments. Even if there was a 3" & 5" screen being made, that could simply be 3" for bottom screen & 5" for top screen.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.