By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NX Handheld to Release in 2016 According to IHS Inc - A US Research Firm

Much speculation has already essentially reached this conclusion, but now it seems to be getting closer and closer to being confirmed. Yet ANOTHER company has come out and said that the NX is coming this year, but they have said that it will be the handheld. This is not the first company to say this, and as more information comes out, I am sure more and more companies will come out of the woodwork and confirm the same thing. But damn it when will we hear something from the Big N?

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/28/ihs-inc-says-nintendo-will-release-nx-hand-held-game-device-this-year/

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Around the Network

It really seems like the handheld is going to be released first, all rumours point to that. Shame, I would have preferred the home console to come out first, and dedicate the meantime to improve the handheld's specs for the software compatibility.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Weather it comes out in 2016 or 2017 I would really like to see a release of both handheld and console at the same time. Seems daft to be unifying there handheld and console then splitting there release up, Makes it seem somewhat non-unified.

WoodenPints said:
Weather it comes out in 2016 or 2017 I would really like to see a release of both handheld and console at the same time. Seems daft to be unifying there handheld and console then splitting there release up, Makes it seem somewhat non-unified.

I agree. Same Day. Same Games. Same Price. Your Choice.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Darwinianevolution said:
It really seems like the handheld is going to be released first, all rumours point to that. Shame, I would have preffered the home console to come out first, and dedicate the meantime to improve the handheld's specs for the software compatibility.

I'm looking at the prospect of the handheld coming first with very curious eyes. Mostly because we don't know what the compatibility will be with the new console, but also because they have trouble selling ideas like this. If they are not released at the same time, and they are not marketed together, will Nintendo be able to sell the home console as a hand-in-hand device? It looks like another difficult path they are attempting to traverse. I saw another report just yesterday that said they are going to make the handheld work with Pokemon GO! As well, so that tells me there will be some sort of GPS built into it, and a data plan to go along with that. It's actually a little scary, this is completely new territory for a video game company. I just hope they can pull all of this off!

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Around the Network

If that's the case (which I don't believe at all), what games will the Wii U have for its last holiday, except Zelda ?

I'll continue to play the waiting game on any news regarding the NX : / It's gonna be a painful wait...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

WoodenPints said:

So much this.

Launch both at the same damn time Nintendo! and if you can get that done in 2016 more power to you (I think thats the best outcome).

Edwardooo said:
If that's the case (which I don't believe at all), what games will the Wii U have for its last holiday, except Zelda ?

JRPGfan said:
Edwardooo said:

Rock simulator 2017?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.