By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is the earth flat?

Tagged games:

Are we doomed?

Yes. 54 50.00%

No. 42 38.89%

Maybe. 12 11.11%

Total:108
NiKKoM said:
Mummelmann said:
Terrifying stuff. To think that people with access to education and a good life and all the information in the world could ever stoop to such nonsense.

He dropped out of school at age 14.. but still

By 14 I would have been in 3rd year education.... studying Biology.... 14 isn't really that young in terms of what you should be learning.

I'm definitely sure that by 14 I had passed the part of education where you learn that the Earth is not flat and the myriad of reasons as to why it couldn't possibly be.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Well if I look at pictures or if I look in my atlas the earth is flat so he is right.

Ugh, Niel deGrasse Tyson thinks that people thought 500 years ago that it was flat. The dominant medieval doctrine of scholars was that the earth is spherical.

At least we have found out that b.o.b has been on this site as OoSnap

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=205161
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170656

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I assume he's trolling. I didn't know about this guy until this stupidity.

Johnw1104 said:
It's a fun delusion, but not nearly as creative as my personal favorite, it being that the moon is, in reality, an alien mothership.

My favorite as well. Hollow Earth is also a good time killer. 

To be perfectly honest, I thought this was another Trump thread (i.e. the liberal media/academia is behind this hoax - just like global warming, growing income disparity, etc.).

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

John2290 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

The genuine nature of your comment really burns my toast..

But between this and the trump threads as another user said it just shows the people to avoid 

There is nothing in the laws of physics that hinders the world being flat, both scenarios are the same Mathematically.

Yes there is, if a body has enough mass it will condense itself into a circle. Why else do you think every planet/star observed is an oblate spheroid. Astronomical bodies don't form in any other way because that's how physics works.

Even ceres is classified as a dwarf planet even though it's in the asteroid belt because it's so large gravity has formed it into a sphere.

Don't make "factual" statements when they're not facts. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

He says if you look at it at any elevation it is flat, yet Eratosthenes was able to calculate the circumference of the earth by seeing the curve 2000 years ago.

Teeqoz said:
Lauster said:
Yeah sure, Earth is even a flat disc balanced on the backs of four elephants which in turn stand on the back of a giant turtle, Great A'Tuin.
Now you know the truth XD

I hope I'm not the only one that got this reference :-3

I got it. Love Discworld.