By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is the earth flat?

Tagged games:

Are we doomed?

Yes. 54 50.00%

No. 42 38.89%

Maybe. 12 11.11%

Total:108

Yeah sure, Earth is even a flat disc balanced on the backs of four elephants which in turn stand on the back of a giant turtle, Great A'Tuin.
Now you know the truth XD

Around the Network
VXIII said:

So, what happens when you reach on of the edges of the map. You fall?

No. You just reappear where you can go like in the witcher 3.

He's trolling for the free clicks. I mean, noone can be this dense.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
VXIII said:

I guess a in a flat earth map, the shape would be a disk, the center would be the north pole and the edges the south pole. Then you can go around continuously from Europe to Asia over the Pacific to America and over the Atlantic Europe and so on.

Sure, the distances are all wrong, but who cares.

Edit: Now if you think about it, if the above is true then the north pole is the center of the universe. Then one can argue that the farther you go from the center, the faster you travel for the same speed, hence the distance problem is solved. YEY.

PS: Ancient Aliens ftw.

ithis said:
VXIII said

I guess a in a flat earth map, the shape would be a disk, the center would be the north pole and the edges the south pole. Then you can go around continuously from Europe to Asia over the Pacific to America and over the Atlantic Europe and so on.

Sure, the distances are all wrong, but who cares.

Edit: Now if you think about it, if the above is true then the north pole is the center of the universe. Then one can argue that the farther you go from the center, the faster you travel for the same speed, hence the distance problem is solved. YEY.

PS: Ancient Aliens ftw.

So you can only fall if you went to the south pole and marched forward.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
VXIII said:

So, what happens when you reach on of the edges of the map. You fall? :-

No. You just reappear where you can go like in the witcher 3.

The Witcher 3 does that? I never knew

Has he ever stood on a vast plain and seen people slowly dissapear/appear behind the horizon?
Thats the curve of the earth, right there.

VXIII said:

So you can only fall if you went to the south pole and marched forward.

... or there is a wall, or it just goes on forever. Who would know, noone goes there anyway.

"Always in detention for the lack of my attention. You could call it deficit, really I just didn't listen" - B.O.B -The Kids (feat. Janelle Monae)

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

He must believe in some strange teleportation thing, because going around the world is a real thing and I very much doubt you could do that 'smoothly' in a flat world without teleportation or something. So do I believe arbitrary teleportation at certain places, or that the Earth is round? Hmm, tough question!

Yeah, it's probably possible to point out a few odd things about almost anything. It doesn't really prove a lot. Might give a reason to investigate the matter further but a lot of seemingly odd things actually have sensible explanations.