By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor - Paper Mario U in development

I hoping for something else. :(

With Paper Mario and possible Pikmin 4 Wii U actually would have very good lineup this year.

Around the Network
homer said:
Illusion said:
If Paper Mario is truly coming to Wii U true and provided that it is a decent quality game (and not an after-thought like Amiibo Festival was), then I am very excited. This is the next best thing the Wii U could get after Metroid.

I do believe that people are going to look back at the Wii U like the Dreamcast: it has certainly been a console for Nintendo's hardcore with an amazing library of 1st party titles. I suspect that Nintendo's future endeavors will not be as focused on gamers like us as the Wii U has been.

Amazing 1st party titles? No Zelda. No Metroid. No 3d Mario. No Fire Emblem. No Fzero. No Mario Strikers. No Paper Mario(totally going to NX). No Animal Crossing. The worst Mario Party. The worst Mario Tennis. 3 Wii series games that nobody realizes even released. The wiiu will be quickly forgotten for good reason.

Although I agree with many of your points (no Punch Out is a bummer too), that's a very "glass half empty" way of looking at it.

What about having the best ever versions (my opinion) of Mario Kart, DKC, and Pikmin?  What about two great Mario games (one quasi-3D), Bayo 2, XCX, Mario Maker, and a new powerful IP in Splatoon?  And it'll have a new Zelda... it just likely won't be exclusive.

I certainly think there are similarities between WiiU & Dreamcast, but for me, they'll be fondly remembered for different reasons.  While WiiU has a great library, the hardware itself wasn't very good.  The Dreamcast is kinda the opposite for me; a fantastic machine, but the library (outside of some stellar fighting games) is a bit overrated.

There will be no more games coming out for Wii U huh? Nintendo is moving on huh?

Lol, and this won't be the only new Wii U game announced this year.

Please let it be a traditional one.

bigtakilla said:
There will be no more games coming out for Wii U huh? Nintendo is moving on huh?

No one said that, in fact I think I've said the Wii U will probably get something like Paper Mario this year, and lo and behold ... 

Actually aside from Metroid which the producer has said is a probable no-go for the Wii U ... with the addition of Paper Mario, the Wii U basically will have some representation of most of Nintendo's franchise catalog by year end. 

2D Mario, 3D Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., Pokemon (Pokken), Paper Mario, Fire Emblem (SMT x Fire Emblem), Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, Mario Party, Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox, Wario, Mario Tennis, Yoshi, Pikmin along with newcomers like Splatoon, Bayonetta, Mario Maker, Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, Fatal Frame (for North America), Nintendo Land. 

There's not that many important Nintendo IP left that the Wii U doesn't have some form of. The notion that Nintendo has not supported this machine considering it's horrible sales is bullshit, it will have almost the entire Nintendo catalog plus several new notable additions. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:

No one said that, in fact I think I've said the Wii U will probably get something like Paper Mario this year, and lo and behold ... 

Actually aside from Metroid which the producer has said is a probable no-go for the Wii U ... with the addition of Paper Mario, the Wii U basically will have some representation of most of Nintendo's franchise catalog by year end. 

2D Mario, 3D Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., Pokemon (Pokken), Paper Mario, Fire Emblem (SMT x Fire Emblem), Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, Mario Party, Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox, Wario, Mario Tennis, Yoshi, Pikmin along with newcomers like Splatoon, Bayonetta, Mario Maker, Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, Fatal Frame (for North America), Nintendo Land. 

There's not that many important Nintendo IP left that the Wii U doesn't have some form of. The notion that Nintendo has not supported this machine is bullshit, it will have almost the entire Nintendo catalog plus several new notable additions. 

I talk to more people than just you, you know. But you'll always be my favorite. ;)

Looking forward to this if its true :)

Looks promising to hear more stuff is in development, they've been tight lipped about those.

To me, Pikmin 4 feels more NX than even Zelda U.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

kooltrex said:
Please be good please be good please be good

Pretty much, I'll believe it when I see it. But if it is a thing which, it might be, then hopefully it'll return to its roots and get back some of the magic of the original titles. If that happens I'll be one happy doggy.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

They will fuck it up, just watch.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---