By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4+Wii U best combo this generation?

For Exclusives and best controllers/ergonomics the best combo is X1 + Wii U easily!!!

Best controller is the Xbox one.  Placement is perfect of the dual analog sticks.  I used to hate my ps3 controller...my thumbs would meet in the opposite directions when using both sticks...and ackward angel for the thumbs to be in PUTS A CONSTANT STRESS OR KINK IN THE HANDS.  Not in the natural position the thumbs fall naturally like in the x1. 

My ONLY complaint is I cant use the X1 controller on the WiiU like I do on my high end gaming PC and x1.  Wii U i use gamepad or pro controller...which is still miles ahead of the dualshock. 

I'd probably complete my collection if Sony allowed the x1 controller to be used on ps4.  but only game i wanna play on ps4 is TLoU.

Around the Network
Sharpryno said:
Azuren said:
Sharpryno said:
Azuren said:
pest said:
Azuren said:

Civilization is one of those games that I hear about, I see, and I have absolutely zero interest in. It's just one of those boring RTS that try to cash-in on Starcraft popularity. I'm aware Civilization came first... But the RTS genre was made popular by Starcraft. 

Total War falls under that same classification. 

Starcraft is genuinely good, but I can live without it if I have to pick between it and Bloodborne or Smash.

LoL is actually my response to LoL. It's a Moba, and by default shows up on my radar as "skip". I understand a lot of people like it, but a lot of people also like CS, but I'll get to that. 

Diablo, another good one. But also one that I can play on console, so moot point.

Counter Strike... All I can do is sigh. I mean, it's a sickening addiction. If we were to liken FPS to drugs, CS would be a very hard drug... It would be the meth of shooters (with CoD/Battlefield being different rival beers and Halo being marijuana). It's the kind of thing that you should be scolded for suggesting to someone. 

Never played XCOM. It showed up on my radar, and then I dismissed it. Never looked back. 

Wow, are you actually suggesting WoW? That's worse than the CS suggestion.

Which Warhammer? I lose track, considering they try and fail to make a good one so often.

Star Citizen will have my attention when it has lightsabers. Until then, it's a smaller NMS that takes itself too seriously. 

You miss out on many AAA titles, third support is NOT better there (third party being legitimate and established publishers), and you get the bad indies not good enough to jump to PS4. Mods are mostly buggy and, for the most part, overrated bits of software that ruin the original game. And MOBAs aren't worth a gaming PC, especially since none of them require one.

PC is the default for people who insist on having the best graphics, typically because they grew up surrounded by PC enthusiasts. Console, in the case PS4, is for people who are logical about how much they spend on their gaming.

And both are for people with expendable income. *throws money at PC*

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Holy hell.  This post is more cancer than the thought of Donald Trump becoming president.  

My gaming PC is far better than consoles, no matter how you splice it.  I will always use it more than any other system.  Consoles are for for the gamepad games like Smash, CoD, Sports games, and a few exclusives every year that are worth checking out.

Star Citizen a smaller NMS??? Can a mod ban this troll once and for all.  Ridiculous.  

Honestly the only thing I feel I should reply to, since the rest is... Yeah. 

"There are too many other worlds to see. Due for release in June 2016, No Man's Sky is the most hotly anticipated video game for years. Developed by Hello Games in Guildford, UK, its promise is dizzying: a virtual universe of 18 billion billion planets, each one unique, each waiting to be explored."

Yes, No Man's Sky is bigger. Deeper? I never said that. I said bigger in the sense that it is way, way, WAY bigger.

You shouldn't trash a whole list of other games just because there on a system you do not use and you've never played them.  T_T 

You will never play Star Citizen and yet you compare it to some simple game like NMS??? For every one thing you can do in NMS you can do 50+ in Star Citizen.  What a terrible comparison. 

I've watched footage for them in a quest to get use out of a $1500 machine. Please don't assume I'm just randomly trashing games to trash them, they just don't match up with anything I like. 

And Star Citizen is still in a beta, isn't it? They don't even have everything lined up for what the final game will be, so like I will reserve enthusiasm until it shows something I like. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

and people with x1 and ps4 who dont have high end pc's "dont see a need?"

well its kinda painfully obvious this gen is already out of gas. WITCHER 3 runs terrible on ps4. 30fps and laggy. It must be played on PC. And this gen is only 2-3 years old.

I hope Nintendos NX comes with swappable video cards so you can upgrade your console every other year or every 3 years or whatever you want. Because the performance isnt great on the consoles right now.

The hardware is capped off and dev's are removing things for consoles to be able to play it decent.

so the only solution is up-gradable cards in the consoles.

If we consider this from a purely monetary perspective.
PC+Phone gets you the most games.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

jason1637 said:
PC plus wii u plux xb1 and 3ds is what i have.
But for most people i would suggest pc plus 2ii u unless you like games like halo or uncharted.

haha exactly what i have!!!  are you getting NX right away?  or waiting?  I think i'll wait until a new zelda is released or donkey kong.

my pc is running msi R9 390 OC'd  1151mhz with 1600 ram.  whats ur card?

Around the Network
Azuren said:

I feel like PC on TV is too cumbersome to work. I'd much rather pick up a DS4 and just run with it. I'm also not much of a fan of Kb/M... It feels too clunky, and I'm used to more accurate movement (100% of Kb/M accuracy comes from the mouse, but movement alone is limited to 8 degrees of locomotion. The left analog on a controller has just as many degrees of movement as it does aiming, and that works better for me).

In the end, debating which is better is stupid. Because they all serve a purpose... Except mobile gaming. That should go away forever. 

ALSO, I'm honestly still figuring that out. I have specific taste, and as you could see from the other post, that doesn't necessarily line up with PC gamers' current love interest. I've picked up Blade & Soul,  and I plan on getting some more games... But what I like is fairly slim pickings on PC. I'm open to recommendations that aren't slow strategy games, typical shooter games, or MOBAs of any sort. 

That's fine for you but again there are likely others out there that find it a thing suitable for them, similar to how I was pointed out to the concept some years back. I dunno about accuracy of movement but I find K+M accurate for most games I play and on the competitive site with FPS's and other certain genres it seems to edge out the gamepad, even for a fighting game you have an upcoming title like Rising Thunder that uses the keyboard alone.

Agreed  and agreed on the mobile part, though I don't mind playing the odd game or two I honestly find that platform to be the least interesting and the one that also brought about some practices we've all come to dislike.

Hey don't worry about it too much, I was the same way some years back when all I played on PC was C&C and other RTS games, I hardly touched much else besides that and DOOM/Quake/XCOM but after 2011 I ended up jumping the indie train and got back into some older games and others I msised out on. I'm still not much for turn based games but I am looking forward to XCOM 2 and enjoying the re-release (if you can call it that) of Dragons Dogma (which I breifly played back in 2012). There are some RTS games I do tend to avoid, some indie ones in particular that don't play by by the rules of the more prominent games that came before them like C&C or Starcraft, though I am open to ones like Homeworld and Planetary Annihilation. Can't say I'm a fan of 4x games like Civ though but I imagine I might be sometime in the future, my tastes have definitely changed over the past 2 and a half decades that I know.

Also I'm not that big of a fan of the Moba genre but I can say that Heroes of the Storm has me simply due to it being a game with the art style from Blizz as well as use of their own characters being morphed into one playing field which makes understanding and familiarising myself with each character that much easier, also the focus on teamwork is a bonus for me than LoL where the focus is on yourself and your gear/talents.

I imagine someday I'll form a quick gist list from my library of most played games some time, one similar to the last thread where we were asked what our most played games on Steam/Other clients was.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Only thing preventing me from PC gaming is the wires.

I hate all the wires needed for the computer. My desk has become much better when I opted for an all-in-one PC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Goodnightmoon said:

PC + WiiU is better right now

Agree 100%. My Xbone gets used occasionally, but I'm really not getting my money's worth. Same thing happened with my PS4 while I had it.

PC & Wii U gets used a lot though. The Wii U gets used in bursts though due to the lack of a steady stream of games.

FallingTitan said:
jason1637 said:
PC plus wii u plux xb1 and 3ds is what i have.
But for most people i would suggest pc plus 2ii u unless you like games like halo or uncharted.

haha exactly what i have!!!  are you getting NX right away?  or waiting?  I think i'll wait until a new zelda is released or donkey kong.

my pc is running msi R9 390 OC'd  1151mhz with 1600 ram.  whats ur card?

I haven't ever got a console close to its release. So for the next console i get i want to see how it feels to be an early adapter. Ill get it right away if the NX seems good. 

My current combo is Wii U + 3DS + PC. I think it's perfect.

If I had to remove one, I would probably remove the PC. I absolutely love the platform, but I can't live without Nintendo games, both handheld and console.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity