By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4+Wii U best combo this generation?

Einsam_Delphin said:

TheBlackNaruto said:

I wouldn't say they are "MUST HAVE" but they do have some good games......sadly I haven't owned anything Nin since the regular DS when it FIRST came out...

Damn son you have been missing out! Get a 3DS asap!

Yeah I need to check one out asap. I been slacking lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Azuren said:
pest said:
Azuren said:

Question: What if I prefer Nintendo exclusives to PC exclusives? I mean, yeah, PC has numbers. But most of the good indies end up on PS4 anyway, plus there's the PS4 exclusives. So essentially, you're comparing Nintendo 1st party to Steam indies... And I just gotta say no.

"Steam indies" like civilization, total war, starcraft, league of legends, diablo, counter strike, xcom 2, WOW, warhammer, star citizen etc.?

This, among other AAA titles, the best third party support and the best indie support, is what I'm comparing to PS4 and wii Us lineup. Not to mention other benefits of pc like mods, better graphics/performance, emulation, practically exclusive genres like MOBAs...

PC honestly should be any gamers default system unless you really just happen to love both ps4 and wii Us lineup, even then its worth buiding a shite pc and playing stuff on lower graphics if you need to.

Civilization is one of those games that I hear about, I see, and I have absolutely zero interest in. It's just one of those boring RTS that try to cash-in on Starcraft popularity. I'm aware Civilization came first... But the RTS genre was made popular by Starcraft. 

Total War falls under that same classification. 

Starcraft is genuinely good, but I can live without it if I have to pick between it and Bloodborne or Smash.

LoL is actually my response to LoL. It's a Moba, and by default shows up on my radar as "skip". I understand a lot of people like it, but a lot of people also like CS, but I'll get to that. 

Diablo, another good one. But also one that I can play on console, so moot point.

Counter Strike... All I can do is sigh. I mean, it's a sickening addiction. If we were to liken FPS to drugs, CS would be a very hard drug... It would be the meth of shooters (with CoD/Battlefield being different rival beers and Halo being marijuana). It's the kind of thing that you should be scolded for suggesting to someone. 

Never played XCOM. It showed up on my radar, and then I dismissed it. Never looked back. 

Wow, are you actually suggesting WoW? That's worse than the CS suggestion.

Which Warhammer? I lose track, considering they try and fail to make a good one so often.

Star Citizen will have my attention when it has lightsabers. Until then, it's a smaller NMS that takes itself too seriously. 

You miss out on many AAA titles, third support is NOT better there (third party being legitimate and established publishers), and you get the bad indies not good enough to jump to PS4. Mods are mostly buggy and, for the most part, overrated bits of software that ruin the original game. And MOBAs aren't worth a gaming PC, especially since none of them require one.

PC is the default for people who insist on having the best graphics, typically because they grew up surrounded by PC enthusiasts. Console, in the case PS4, is for people who are logical about how much they spend on their gaming.

And both are for people with expendable income. *throws money at PC*

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Holy hell.  This post is more cancer than the thought of Donald Trump becoming president.  

My gaming PC is far better than consoles, no matter how you splice it.  I will always use it more than any other system.  Consoles are for for the gamepad games like Smash, CoD, Sports games, and a few exclusives every year that are worth checking out.

Star Citizen a smaller NMS??? Can a mod ban this troll once and for all.  Ridiculous.  

Moderated - Leadified

Chazore said:
Azuren said:

I dunno, I'm just not a big fan of sitting down in front of a desk to play, and PC on TV isn't as viable an option as many would have you believe. There are a lot of games on PC that I can't play on PS4, but very few of those I actually want to play. I don't see a real reason for someone who has a PS4 already to invest in a gaming PC.

I can understand that, it's not for everyone. For me I don't mind sitting at my desk since I chose a desk suited towards gaming than just going with a standard Ikea brand or something bogstandard along with getting a decent chair to lean back on than one that has no wheels. Along with that I have my regular setup with my Sony Bravia TV on the elft side of the table, hooked up in case I feel like switching to the TV screen and since my bed isn't all that far away I can just switch to it, hop into bed with my gamepad in hand, I could even use a wireless gamepad/K+M if I wanted but I prefer using a wired K+M at the desk.

Still people can totally hook up their desktops to their TV's in their livingrooms if they really want to, of course there is also the whole Steam link option as well or having different builds/Mini ATX case builds to suit more mobile needs.

I guess for your choices you seem to find more on PS4 than on PC, for me that's a different case as I find more on PC than I would on a PS4 which is why I opted to upgrade my system and forgo buying both an X1 or PS4 but keeping my eyes peeled on a Wii U/NX since Nintendo has always had me for years since I was little.

The thing is people will always game for what they want, they go with what they want and we aren't the ones to say their choice is ultimately pointless but we can point out their options, just like some are doing with their combos, I just threw out my combo without saying who should go with what or what I think everyone should go with because I already have an idea of what people want on here by now.

Edit: Also noting from your reply to the other user above, what do you use your PC for gaming wise anyway?, it sounds like you use it for very little in terms of exclusive gaming let alone multiplat, do you honestly just use it for a few small indeas and that's it?.

I feel like PC on TV is too cumbersome to work. I'd much rather pick up a DS4 and just run with it. I'm also not much of a fan of Kb/M... It feels too clunky, and I'm used to more accurate movement (100% of Kb/M accuracy comes from the mouse, but movement alone is limited to 8 degrees of locomotion. The left analog on a controller has just as many degrees of movement as it does aiming, and that works better for me).

In the end, debating which is better is stupid. Because they all serve a purpose... Except mobile gaming. That should go away forever. 

ALSO, I'm honestly still figuring that out. I have specific taste, and as you could see from the other post, that doesn't necessarily line up with PC gamers' current love interest. I've picked up Blade & Soul,  and I plan on getting some more games... But what I like is fairly slim pickings on PC. I'm open to recommendations that aren't slow strategy games, typical shooter games, or MOBAs of any sort. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Sharpryno said:
Azuren said:
pest said:
Azuren said:

Question: What if I prefer Nintendo exclusives to PC exclusives? I mean, yeah, PC has numbers. But most of the good indies end up on PS4 anyway, plus there's the PS4 exclusives. So essentially, you're comparing Nintendo 1st party to Steam indies... And I just gotta say no.

"Steam indies" like civilization, total war, starcraft, league of legends, diablo, counter strike, xcom 2, WOW, warhammer, star citizen etc.?

This, among other AAA titles, the best third party support and the best indie support, is what I'm comparing to PS4 and wii Us lineup. Not to mention other benefits of pc like mods, better graphics/performance, emulation, practically exclusive genres like MOBAs...

PC honestly should be any gamers default system unless you really just happen to love both ps4 and wii Us lineup, even then its worth buiding a shite pc and playing stuff on lower graphics if you need to.

Civilization is one of those games that I hear about, I see, and I have absolutely zero interest in. It's just one of those boring RTS that try to cash-in on Starcraft popularity. I'm aware Civilization came first... But the RTS genre was made popular by Starcraft. 

Total War falls under that same classification. 

Starcraft is genuinely good, but I can live without it if I have to pick between it and Bloodborne or Smash.

LoL is actually my response to LoL. It's a Moba, and by default shows up on my radar as "skip". I understand a lot of people like it, but a lot of people also like CS, but I'll get to that. 

Diablo, another good one. But also one that I can play on console, so moot point.

Counter Strike... All I can do is sigh. I mean, it's a sickening addiction. If we were to liken FPS to drugs, CS would be a very hard drug... It would be the meth of shooters (with CoD/Battlefield being different rival beers and Halo being marijuana). It's the kind of thing that you should be scolded for suggesting to someone. 

Never played XCOM. It showed up on my radar, and then I dismissed it. Never looked back. 

Wow, are you actually suggesting WoW? That's worse than the CS suggestion.

Which Warhammer? I lose track, considering they try and fail to make a good one so often.

Star Citizen will have my attention when it has lightsabers. Until then, it's a smaller NMS that takes itself too seriously. 

You miss out on many AAA titles, third support is NOT better there (third party being legitimate and established publishers), and you get the bad indies not good enough to jump to PS4. Mods are mostly buggy and, for the most part, overrated bits of software that ruin the original game. And MOBAs aren't worth a gaming PC, especially since none of them require one.

PC is the default for people who insist on having the best graphics, typically because they grew up surrounded by PC enthusiasts. Console, in the case PS4, is for people who are logical about how much they spend on their gaming.

And both are for people with expendable income. *throws money at PC*

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Holy hell.  This post is more cancer than the thought of Donald Trump becoming president.  

My gaming PC is far better than consoles, no matter how you splice it.  I will always use it more than any other system.  Consoles are for for the gamepad games like Smash, CoD, Sports games, and a few exclusives every year that are worth checking out.

Star Citizen a smaller NMS??? Can a mod ban this troll once and for all.  Ridiculous.  

Honestly the only thing I feel I should reply to, since the rest is... Yeah. 

"There are too many other worlds to see. Due for release in June 2016, No Man's Sky is the most hotly anticipated video game for years. Developed by Hello Games in Guildford, UK, its promise is dizzying: a virtual universe of 18 billion billion planets, each one unique, each waiting to be explored."

Yes, No Man's Sky is bigger. Deeper? I never said that. I said bigger in the sense that it is way, way, WAY bigger.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

Yes, No Man's Sky is bigger. Deeper? I never said that. I said bigger in the sense that it is way, way, WAY bigger.

"Bigger" in an artificial and insignificant way.

This is grasping at a single atom within a piece of staw.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Sharpryno said:

Honestly the only thing I feel I should reply to, since the rest is... Yeah. 

"There are too many other worlds to see. Due for release in June 2016, No Man's Sky is the most hotly anticipated video game for years. Developed by Hello Games in Guildford, UK, its promise is dizzying: a virtual universe of 18 billion billion planets, each one unique, each waiting to be explored."

You shouldn't trash a whole list of other games just because there on a system you do not use and you've never played them.  T_T 

You will never play Star Citizen and yet you compare it to some simple game like NMS??? For every one thing you can do in NMS you can do 50+ in Star Citizen.  What a terrible comparison. 

Woudnt best be ps4,xbox, wiiu,pc,3ds and vita?

Anyway I have them all except vita and between ps4,xbox one and wii u I can't tell which one I prefer.

PC plus wii u plux xb1 and 3ds is what i have.
But for most people i would suggest pc plus 2ii u unless you like games like halo or uncharted.

Also did I just read someone saying that starcraft made the RTS genre popular? Just totally ignoring Command and conquer and warcraft and age of empire and total annilation to name a few

It's the combo i use, tho tbh i haven't turned my wiiu on for about 8 months lol ps4 is taking all my time