By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AMD Confirms Nintendo NX 2016 Launch?

Miyamotoo said:
Neodegenerate said:

Second half includes months like November and December.  It is entirely possible that it could release in Feb/March 2017 with them still purchasing the chips in the second half of 2016.

I really doubt Nintendo would miss holiday season with new platform.

You doubting it doesn't make it impossible.  The production schedule might put Q1 as their earliest release date, never know.

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
Doesn't necessarily mean they are releasing in the second half of 2016. I am sure the chipset providers get paid as they ship the chips not as they go on shelves. Could be that they are starting production then.

This. It takes a while to manufacture the units. 2017 is not impossible

I LOVE ICELAND!

Well, PS4 was revealed Feb 20th, and Nintendo should have a Direct Feb 15thish. We shall see.

So, are developers working with PS4 and XOne dev-kits?

Why do people say that Nintendo wouldn't miss a Holiday release? Have you all already forgotten the 3DS? That console didn't launch in nov or dec, and it's also older than the Wii U. If the NX is some kind of hybrid and going by the patents from Nintendo regarding the NX you will remember that those papers mentioned a sublimentary device that could boost the capabilities of the home console, could that device be a handheld console? If so, maybe they will launch both consoles next year; the handheld (boosting device) at the beginning of the year and the home console during the holidays? That would give Nintendo like 6 more months to work on their big games to coinside with the home console launch while giving us... Simpler games for the handheld launch (easier and cheap to make games, that is)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
No. No. No. No. Nooooooooo!!! I'm so sick of people on VGChartz using the word confirmed in unconfirmed situations. If it's confirmed, it's confirmed. This is not confirmation. So don't use that word.

SERIOUSLY.  The word "confirmed" with a question mark after it is an oxymoron.  It's not confirmed until it's literally coming from Nintendo.

Not confirmed, but certainly another tidbit in the growing pile of suggestions.

Neodegenerate said:

Oh I am in the "it is probably coming q4 2016" camp.  However, this release doesn't confirm that at all.

To your point though, Q1 would be a great release time based on your statement.  Allows them to drum up excitement during a traditionally weak period.  Especially after a weak gen with the Wii U.

That's not as smart business wise as currently Q1 is one of the slowest qurters for gaming as it follows Q4 which is when gamers spend their money. Drumming up excitement for that quarter is actually counter productive given how the market works today.

Wyrdness said:
Neodegenerate said:

Oh I am in the "it is probably coming q4 2016" camp.  However, this release doesn't confirm that at all.

To your point though, Q1 would be a great release time based on your statement.  Allows them to drum up excitement during a traditionally weak period.  Especially after a weak gen with the Wii U.

That's not as smart business wise as currently Q1 is one of the slowest qurters for gaming as it follows Q4 which is when gamers spend their money. Drumming up excitement for that quarter is actually counter productive given how the market works today.

But if the options for them are Q1 2017 or later, then it actually makes sense since the Wii U is on life support.

DanneSandin said:
Why do people say that Nintendo wouldn't miss a Holiday release? Have you all already forgotten the 3DS? That console didn't launch in nov or dec, and it's also older than the Wii U. If the NX is some kind of hybrid and going by the patents from Nintendo regarding the NX you will remember that those papers mentioned a sublimentary device that could boost the capabilities of the home console, could that device be a handheld console? If so, maybe they will launch both consoles next year; the handheld (boosting device) at the beginning of the year and the home console during the holidays? That would give Nintendo like 6 more months to work on their big games to coinside with the home console launch while giving us... Simpler games for the handheld launch (easier and cheap to make games, that is)

Ironic because 3DS highlights why, it suffered considerably from slow sales early on for 6 months and that was when Nintendo was well ahead of the competition in the PSP same can't be said for the Wii U.