By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AMD Confirms Nintendo NX 2016 Launch?

elektranine said:
Geez thats some wishful thinking right there.
Even if this was for Nintendo and there is no proof that it is,
Shipping in H2 2016 means somewhere between July-December of 2016 AMD will be shipping the design to the Client.
No product will ship with that design sooner than about a year afterwards, so still a fall 2017 launch. (The PS4s design was delivered back in 2012....)

I agree with your first two sentences.

But after that you lost me. 

Should AMD start shipping to the client in H2 2016 the console would likely launch 2 to 3 months after that period. So if they start shipping in July for example then expect a Q4 2016 launch, if later in the year then expect a Q1 2017 launch. 

Insinuating that they wouldn't ship till Q4 2017 is crazy. 

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:

But if the options for them are Q1 2017 or later, then it actually makes sense since the Wii U is on life support.

That's assuming manufacturing starts in October and so on which tbh I don't see I think it literally starts around July/August, the U being on life support is even more of a reason for a Q4 launch this year. Imo they've planned a Q4 releases over the 2 years and have delay Zelda to have an NX version at launch for an extra boost.

Soleron said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Until Nintendo says something, it isn't confirmed.

This is at an earnings call. It's confirmed.

"Confirmed" does not mean that we have solid evidence, or even irrefutable evidence. The only way something can technically be confirmed is if the company who is actually releasing the product says something about it. Nothing about the NX can be confirmed by any company that isn't Nintendo. That's what confirmed means, and that's ohmylanda1003's point. If people would like to say that this is "proof," then that's a different issue, but proof and confirmation aren't the same thing.

Not so much a confirmation as it is a strong indication. To confirm is to be explicit with clear and direct details. That is not this.

Wyrdness said:
Neodegenerate said:

But if the options for them are Q1 2017 or later, then it actually makes sense since the Wii U is on life support.

That's assuming manufacturing starts in October and so on which tbh I don't see I think it literally starts around July/August, the U being on life support is even more of a reason for a Q4 launch this year. Imo they've planned a Q4 releases over the 2 years and have delay Zelda to have an NX version at launch for an extra boost.

I agree.  However, it seems as though a lot of people are looking at this as a standard Nintento release attempt and not an attempt to correct a major error (Wii U) and thus are negating any possibility that it might not fall into their standard operation procedure.  The fact that they are in a rather unprecedented situation leads to the potential for them to do something outside of the norm/their comfort zone.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Why do people say that Nintendo wouldn't miss a Holiday release? Have you all already forgotten the 3DS? That console didn't launch in nov or dec, and it's also older than the Wii U. If the NX is some kind of hybrid and going by the patents from Nintendo regarding the NX you will remember that those papers mentioned a sublimentary device that could boost the capabilities of the home console, could that device be a handheld console? If so, maybe they will launch both consoles next year; the handheld (boosting device) at the beginning of the year and the home console during the holidays? That would give Nintendo like 6 more months to work on their big games to coinside with the home console launch while giving us... Simpler games for the handheld launch (easier and cheap to make games, that is)

3DS was planned for a holiday 2010 release but was delayed to Feb/March of the following year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Wyrdness said:
DanneSandin said:
Why do people say that Nintendo wouldn't miss a Holiday release? Have you all already forgotten the 3DS? That console didn't launch in nov or dec, and it's also older than the Wii U. If the NX is some kind of hybrid and going by the patents from Nintendo regarding the NX you will remember that those papers mentioned a sublimentary device that could boost the capabilities of the home console, could that device be a handheld console? If so, maybe they will launch both consoles next year; the handheld (boosting device) at the beginning of the year and the home console during the holidays? That would give Nintendo like 6 more months to work on their big games to coinside with the home console launch while giving us... Simpler games for the handheld launch (easier and cheap to make games, that is)

Ironic because 3DS highlights why, it suffered considerably from slow sales early on for 6 months and that was when Nintendo was well ahead of the competition in the PSP same can't be said for the Wii U.

it sold poorly because it had no games. When the quality games came (Mario Kart and 3D Land specifically) the 3DS picked up considerably

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Well to me it basically rules out holiday 2017 but still doesn't confirm a q4 2016 or q1 2017. Q4 2016 is probably the target release to get the holiday hype and sales but Nintendo could be willing to delay to 2017 if required.

armodillo17 said:

Nothing about the NX can be confirmed by any company that isn't Nintendo.

Are you serious?

Neodegenerate said:
Miyamotoo said:

I really doubt Nintendo would miss holiday season with new platform.

You doubting it doesn't make it impossible.  The production schedule might put Q1 as their earliest release date, never know.

I dont think its impossible, I think chances are very slim for Q1 release and missed holiday season. Actualy production schedule make it Q1 like latest relase date, becuse productaction of consoles usually begins only around 2 months before launch.