By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AMD Confirms Nintendo NX 2016 Launch?

DM235 said:
What are the odds that this is something totally unrelated to Nintendo, like the PSVR chipset, or the PS4 Slim or XBox One Slim chipset?

PSVR releasing first half of 2016. Also I don't think they would refer to it as new profits as it would be a continued profits from both Xbox and PS4 not new.

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:
Soundwave said:

The problem is many Nintendo fans in threads like have tunnel vision about the console too.

Where's the handheld in all this? You guys do realize if Nintendo loses more and more of the portable market ... they're pretty much finished as a hardware maker, it doesn't matter how wickedawesomeamazing NX is or when it releases, it will likely be a swan song and nothing else.

That's an interesting fantasy of yours but completely inaccurate. PROFITS is the magic word here. And it's not like market lost on one gen can't be recovered imedeately after.

This is what Blackberry said too when their marketshare kept shrinking and shrinking, they were still able to turn a profit for a few years, but eventually you lose so much marketshare that you are fucked. 

Judging by this and many other NX threads I see two groups. One will be laughing at Nintendo if the console is released in certain date. The second, will be mad if it's released in certain date.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Judging by this and many other NX threads I see two groups. One will be laughing at Nintendo if the console is released in certain date. The second, will be mad if it's released in certain date.

In which one are you?

Wright said:
Pavolink said:

In which one are you?

Let's say the even pessimistic people like me can laugh at certain time.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Well AMD is surprisingly well with providing leaks, though I always take these rumour's with a grain of salt.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

CaptainExplosion said:

You're seriously comparing Nintendo to Blackberry? What are you gonna do next, compare PlayStation to Black Diamond Cheese?

Why not ? 

BlackBerry is just the extreme case of what Nintendo could be potentially, a continuing downfall ...

AZWification said:

Nah, it's definitely for the Ouya 2.

Or maybe the DreamCast 2.0!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

fatslob-:O said:
CaptainExplosion said:

You're seriously comparing Nintendo to Blackberry? What are you gonna do next, compare PlayStation to Black Diamond Cheese?

Why not ? 

BlackBerry is just the extreme case of what Nintendo could be potentially, a continuing downfall ...

Even the "yeah but they still make a profit! That's more important!" is verbatim, line for line the same thing Blackberry fans said for years. 

Zappykins said:
AZWification said:

Nah, it's definitely for the Ouya 2.

Or maybe the DreamCast 2.0!

I would honestly buy a Dreamcast 2 if it had games like Skies of Arcadia 2 and Vectorman 3! I'm not joking.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---