Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AMD Confirms Nintendo NX 2016 Launch?

CaptainExplosion said:

You're seriously comparing Nintendo to Blackberry? What are you gonna do next, compare PlayStation to Black Diamond Cheese?

Why not ? 

BlackBerry is just the extreme case of what Nintendo could be potentially, a continuing downfall ...



Around the Network
AZWification said:

Nah, it's definitely for the Ouya 2.

Or maybe the DreamCast 2.0!





 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

 

Tell me a funny joke!

fatslob-:O said:
CaptainExplosion said:

You're seriously comparing Nintendo to Blackberry? What are you gonna do next, compare PlayStation to Black Diamond Cheese?

Why not ? 

BlackBerry is just the extreme case of what Nintendo could be potentially, a continuing downfall ...

 

Even the "yeah but they still make a profit! That's more important!" is verbatim, line for line the same thing Blackberry fans said for years. 



Zappykins said:
AZWification said:

Nah, it's definitely for the Ouya 2.

Or maybe the DreamCast 2.0!



I would honestly buy a Dreamcast 2 if it had games like Skies of Arcadia 2 and Vectorman 3! I'm not joking.





                
       ---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Perfectly matches NX rumors: Two sets, one ARM and one x86, for a single customer with "at least one" being for a games console. What kind of customer would order two different CPU's but only dedicate one of them to gaming?

And to those people saying it'll release in late 2017 even though production will start later this year: welcome to the 21st century. Even iPhone production doesn't start until 3-4 months before the product goes on sales and Apple sells way more iPhones than Nintendo sells consoles. Just-in-time manufacturing has been around for decades, stop deluding yourselves. If Nintendo stockpiled millions of CPU's in warehouses for almost a year the entire industry would laugh at them.

What I like is that we get an ever clearer image of what NX will be: Handheld + Home console running the same operating system.
There's a good chance Nintendo will use cartridges that you can plug into both devices: Flash storage is cheap, can go up to 64GB and removing the optical disc drive will make the home console both smaller and cheaper.

If we look at Moore's Law we can predict that home console NX will be roughly equal to PS4 and Xbone in power with the handheld version being somewhat more powerful than the PS Vita, running at 480p to save resources. We're probably talking about a $299 home console and a $199 handheld and I bet they'll give you a free game with each device, probably a third game if you buy both machines.

There were 27 games published by Nintendo in 2015. Fifteen of those were released on 3DS and Twelve on Wii U. On NX we won't have game droughts because Nintendo could release close to all of those 27 games on both devices. The people who are pissed at the thought of NX releasing soon will be ecstatic once Nintendo announces its line-up. Whether the platform will be a mass market success remains to be seen of course.



Around the Network
UncleScrooge said:
Perfectly matches NX rumors: Two sets, one ARM and one x86, for a single customer with "at least one" being for a games console. What kind of customer would order two different CPU's but only dedicate one of them to gaming?

And to those people saying it'll release in late 2017 even though production will start later this year: welcome to the 21st century. Even iPhone production doesn't start until 3-4 months before the product goes on sales and Apple sells way more iPhones than Nintendo sells consoles. Just-in-time manufacturing has been around for decades, stop deluding yourselves. If Nintendo stockpiled millions of CPU's in warehouses for almost a year the entire industry would laugh at them.

What I like is that we get an ever clearer image of what NX will be: Handheld + Home console running the same operating system.
There's a good chance Nintendo will use cartridges that you can plug into both devices: Flash storage is cheap, can go up to 64GB and removing the optical disc drive will make the home console both smaller and cheaper.

If we look at Moore's Law we can predict that home console NX will be roughly equal to PS4 and Xbone in power with the handheld version being somewhat more powerful than the PS Vita, running at 480p to save resources. We're probably talking about a $299 home console and a $199 handheld and I bet they'll give you a free game with each device, probably a third game if you buy both machines.

There were 27 games published by Nintendo in 2015. Fifteen of those were released on 3DS and Twelve on Wii U. On NX we won't have game droughts because Nintendo could release close to all of those 27 games on both devices. The people who are pissed at the thought of NX releasing soon will be ecstatic once Nintendo announces its line-up. Whether the platform will be a mass market success remains to be seen of course.

 

Welcome to the 21st century? You sure 480p is good?



Random_Matt said:
UncleScrooge said:
Perfectly matches NX rumors: Two sets, one ARM and one x86, for a single customer with "at least one" being for a games console. What kind of customer would order two different CPU's but only dedicate one of them to gaming?

And to those people saying it'll release in late 2017 even though production will start later this year: welcome to the 21st century. Even iPhone production doesn't start until 3-4 months before the product goes on sales and Apple sells way more iPhones than Nintendo sells consoles. Just-in-time manufacturing has been around for decades, stop deluding yourselves. If Nintendo stockpiled millions of CPU's in warehouses for almost a year the entire industry would laugh at them.

What I like is that we get an ever clearer image of what NX will be: Handheld + Home console running the same operating system.
There's a good chance Nintendo will use cartridges that you can plug into both devices: Flash storage is cheap, can go up to 64GB and removing the optical disc drive will make the home console both smaller and cheaper.

If we look at Moore's Law we can predict that home console NX will be roughly equal to PS4 and Xbone in power with the handheld version being somewhat more powerful than the PS Vita, running at 480p to save resources. We're probably talking about a $299 home console and a $199 handheld and I bet they'll give you a free game with each device, probably a third game if you buy both machines.

There were 27 games published by Nintendo in 2015. Fifteen of those were released on 3DS and Twelve on Wii U. On NX we won't have game droughts because Nintendo could release close to all of those 27 games on both devices. The people who are pissed at the thought of NX releasing soon will be ecstatic once Nintendo announces its line-up. Whether the platform will be a mass market success remains to be seen of course.

 

Welcome to the 21st century? You sure 480p is good?

Yes, people who think CPU's are being produced one year before a product launch need to realize we live in 2016.

As for 480p, that's a totally different topic. It's Nintendo's philosophy to use matured technology in their products. They could use a 720p screen but I expect them to go lower because it will make it easier for the handheld to run the games. If they use a 720p screen everything inside the handheld will have to be more expensive: CPU, RAM, battery, etc. leading to higher production costs. I'm not saying they'll definitely release a 480p handheld but frankly I think it doesn't matter. Screen resolution is not going to affect sales - or let me correct that: If they opt for a higher resolution sales will go down because the handheld will be more expensive. 

Just to be clear: As a costumer I'd love the next handheld to have a high res screen. I just don't think I makes sense from a financial standpoint. 



UncleScrooge said:
Perfectly matches NX rumors: Two sets, one ARM and one x86, for a single customer with "at least one" being for a games console. What kind of customer would order two different CPU's but only dedicate one of them to gaming?

And to those people saying it'll release in late 2017 even though production will start later this year: welcome to the 21st century. Even iPhone production doesn't start until 3-4 months before the product goes on sales and Apple sells way more iPhones than Nintendo sells consoles. Just-in-time manufacturing has been around for decades, stop deluding yourselves. If Nintendo stockpiled millions of CPU's in warehouses for almost a year the entire industry would laugh at them.

What I like is that we get an ever clearer image of what NX will be: Handheld + Home console running the same operating system.
There's a good chance Nintendo will use cartridges that you can plug into both devices: Flash storage is cheap, can go up to 64GB and removing the optical disc drive will make the home console both smaller and cheaper.

If we look at Moore's Law we can predict that home console NX will be roughly equal to PS4 and Xbone in power with the handheld version being somewhat more powerful than the PS Vita, running at 480p to save resources. We're probably talking about a $299 home console and a $199 handheld and I bet they'll give you a free game with each device, probably a third game if you buy both machines.

There were 27 games published by Nintendo in 2015. Fifteen of those were released on 3DS and Twelve on Wii U. On NX we won't have game droughts because Nintendo could release close to all of those 27 games on both devices. The people who are pissed at the thought of NX releasing soon will be ecstatic once Nintendo announces its line-up. Whether the platform will be a mass market success remains to be seen of course.

Sorry, incredibly wrong specs and there won't be a handheld version of anything. There will be a handheld and a home console.





Soundwave said:
fatslob-:O said:
CaptainExplosion said:

You're seriously comparing Nintendo to Blackberry? What are you gonna do next, compare PlayStation to Black Diamond Cheese?

Why not ? 

BlackBerry is just the extreme case of what Nintendo could be potentially, a continuing downfall ...

Even the "yeah but they still make a profit! That's more important!" is verbatim, line for line the same thing Blackberry fans said for years. 

Thats the scary part.





JRPGfan said:
Soundwave said:

Even the "yeah but they still make a profit! That's more important!" is verbatim, line for line the same thing Blackberry fans said for years.

Thats the scary part.

Blackberry had massive debts and started having massive losses such as a $7 billion loss in 2014.  They certainly were not a "yeah but they still make a profit" company.





Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."