By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One gotta go: RPG edition

Which one gotta go?

Kingdom Hearts 74 46.84%

Fire Emblem 53 33.54%

Persona 31 19.62%

Total:158

Sorry Fire Emblem. Being an exclusively handheld franchise (as of late) does it for me.

Around the Network

Tactical/strategy rpgs is one of my least favorite genres, so I'd have to go with fire emblem.

Wow, Kingdom Hearts is losing. I'm so done with this community..... for 1 minute  

Edit: Anyway I love all 3 but I'll have to go with Persona. 

Eh, Kingdom Hearts is done after 3 anyways, so if one's got to go... Just saying.

Actual game titles!
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts 1.5
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 (is this like.... Kingdom Hearts 4? fuck)
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2.5
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD
Kingdom Hearts 0.2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Hearts 3 D
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts X

That isn't even including named titles of Chain of Memories, Coded, Birth By Sleep.

A game series where you need to go and look up which actual games come in what order like Kingdom Hearts gets struck off the list for me, the 2.8 was the last straw I think in terms of "name of a video game so stupid sounding I can't request it vocally in a store"

Was a great idea for a title originally tho, when it was going back to old school movies as a nostalgia fest, later games in the series tho... far less nostalgia'y for me tho, only feeling nostalgia for the earlier games in the series when playing them.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Persona for me. I could never get into it.

I'm not so interested in dating simulations so Persona for me.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

ganoncrotch said:
Actual game titles!
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts 1.5
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2.5
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD
Kingdom Hearts 0.2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Hearts 3 D
Kingdom Hearts X

That isn't even including named titles of Chain of Memories, Coded, Birth By Sleep.

A game series where you need to go and look up which actual games come in what order like Kingdom Hearts gets struck off the list for me, the 2.8 was the last straw I think in terms of "name of a video game so stupid sounding I can't request it vocally in a store"

Was a great idea for a title originally tho, when it was going back to old school movies as a nostalgia fest, later games in the series tho... far less nostalgia'y for me tho, only feeling nostalgia for the earlier games in the series when playing them.

Pretty sure 1.5+2.5 isn't a thing or I would have shit myself with joy (it would essentially be the first six games on PS4)

The titles that matter in release order are

Kingdom Hearts 

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (The game has a heavy, HEAVY theme on memories and how they connect the player to other characters, so this makes perfect naming sense)

Kingdom Hearts II

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (First Title that actually doesn't make sense)

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (Doesn't make sense, but it sounds cool so there)

Kingdom Hearts: coded (Originally on mobile devices, coded's title actually makes the most sense since it takes place in a digital world)

Kingdom Hearts: 3D (or Dream Drop Distance, it's interchangeable, the title was originally made to reflect is status as a 3DS game)

Kingdom Hearts X is what I would consider an actual spinoff, as it is entirely unnecessary to the lore and only introduces minor elements into the main story. This is in dire contrast to a game like, say Chain of Memories, which sets the entire stage for KHII and explains why Sora is trapped in suspended animation for the prologue of the game. 

Remakes/Remaster that just have odd names:

Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories (a remake, hence the "re:" in the title, made because the original on GBA was awkward)

Kingdom Hearts re:coded (another remake, since the cell phone version didn't leave Japan)

Kingdom Hearts: 1.5 HD reMix (a remaster collection with KH, CoM, and HD cutscenes from Days (no gameplay, just cutscenes))

Kingdom Hearts: 2.5 HD reMix (another remaster collection with Birth By Sleep, KH2, and HD cutscenes from re:coded (no gameplay, just cutscenes))

Kingdom Hearts: 2.8 HD reMix (a remaster of 3D that includes...)

Kingdom Hearts: 0.2 (... A collection of extra scenes included with 2.8, this all new content does not feature any gameplay and isn't a game, not it's it even a standalone title that can be purchased by itself.)

It should be noted that every remake or remaster includes an indicator of such in the title (reMix, re: ), and all box art and descriptions clearly show that they are compilations or remakes (except re:coded's Western release, since the game never came to the West).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
ganoncrotch said:
Actual game titles!
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts 1.5
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2.5
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD
Kingdom Hearts 0.2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Hearts 3 D
Kingdom Hearts X

Pretty sure 1.5+2.5 isn't a thing or I would have shit myself with joy (it would essentially be the first six games on PS4)

The titles that matter in release order are

Kingdom Hearts 

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (The game has a heavy, HEAVY theme on memories and how they connect the player to other characters, so this makes perfect naming sense)

Kingdom Hearts II

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (First Title that actually doesn't make sense)

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (Doesn't make sense, but it sounds cool so there)

Kingdom Hearts: coded (Originally on mobile devices, coded's title actually makes the most sense since it takes place in a digital world)

Kingdom Hearts: 3D (or Dream Drop Distance, it's interchangeable, the title was originally made to reflect is status as a 3DS game)

Kingdom Hearts X is what I would consider an actual spinoff, as it is entirely unnecessary to the lore and only introduces minor elements into the main story. This is in dire contrast to a game like, say Chain of Memories, which sets the entire stage for KHII and explains why Sora is trapped in suspended animation for the prologue of the game. 

Remakes/Remaster that just have odd names:

Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories (a remake, hence the "re:" in the title, made because the original on GBA was awkward)

Kingdom Hearts re:coded (another remake, since the cell phone version didn't leave Japan)

Kingdom Hearts: 1.5 HD reMix (a remaster collection with KH, CoM, and HD cutscenes from Days (no gameplay, just cutscenes))

Kingdom Hearts: 2.5 HD reMix (another remaster collection with Birth By Sleep, KH2, and HD cutscenes from re:coded (no gameplay, just cutscenes))

Kingdom Hearts: 2.8 HD reMix (a remaster of 3D that includes...)

Kingdom Hearts: 0.2 (... A collection of extra scenes included with 2.8, this all new content does not feature any gameplay and isn't a game, not it's it even a standalone title that can be purchased by itself.)

It should be noted that every remake or remaster includes an indicator of such in the title (reMix, re: ), and all box art and descriptions clearly show that they are compilations or remakes (except re:coded's Western release, since the game never came to the West).

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/83135/20150909/kingdom-hearts-2-9-for-ps3-and-ps4-in-the-pipeline-rumor.htm just rumours about it, recall it being talked about a while back, not sure if anything else has come up about it or if it has become Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue I mean if they all just had Remix after them at least you would have an idea that the games were remasters, but while you type (and I did) that game to have a somewhat legible title with 2.8, the actual one there is copied from wiki of II.8 final chapter prologue, so yeah, not confusing at all? Unless Final Chapter Prologue means remix?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Fire Emblem. Tactical RPG isn't my most enjoyable genre.