Which one gotta go?

Kingdom Hearts 74 46.84%

Fire Emblem 53 33.54%

Persona 31 19.62%

Total:158
BasilZero said:
Azuren said:

*sigh*

I already stated that I was referring to what people typically think when they think about JRPGs, in which a traditional JRPG is some form of turn- or time-based combat system utilizing a menu system rather than direct, uninhibited movement. But you were too busy worrying about exact definitions to actually read that, so thanks.

And Kingdom Hearts is 95% Action and 5% QTE, so I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about.

So no, no admitting I was wrong. Moreso giving up because you're just going to continue posting the same thing until I relent to your way of thinking (which won't really happen, I'll just get bored and go post in a different thread).

I was teasing in my last post but apparently you went serious mode o.O

When people typically think of a JRPG - they are thinking its a Japanese developed RPG. Not in form of turn based or time based combat. There's been quite a lot of RPGs that do not use those aspects for an example the Mana series, The Star Ocean series, The Tales of series and of course the Kingdom Hearts series. Regardless they still use the same aspects as your definition of what a JRPG is or view if not definition such as menu based aspects which is time based (in some games like Tales of series it lets you stop the flow of battle and go through a menu to select a item or spell specifically talking about Tales of Eternia and Phantasia).

I know what Kingdom Hearts genre is as I played every single Kingdom Hearts game AND version that has ever been released in the west.

Kingdom Hearts is a JRPG (as in Japanese RPG so your original post is still wrong where you say you cant compare KH to Persona and FE as a JRPG - they are considered as JRPG but in their own sub genre of the RPG genre) that has Action based elements and the only KH games to have QTE is KH2 and KHBBS.

Thank you again for admitting you were wrong though.

I am very tired.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Azuren said:

I am very tired.

No worries - KH to me is one of the best RPG franchises I ever played.

Cant wait for KH 2.8 and KH3 on PS4.

Also would like to say you were wrong on what you said in your last post :P - about not responding anymore XDDD

I just want BBS on my Vita.

And I said I would wander off before I relented to your way of thinking, not stop posting.

BasilZero said:
Azuren said:

I just want BBS on my Vita.

And I said I would wander off before I relented to your way of thinking, not stop posting.

They would need to physically port the game to the Vita and I doubt they'll do that especially since KH2.5 HD has that on PS3.

Its too bad Disney wont allow SE to release the KH games digitally.

I has a conspiracy theory to share with you:

In Disney Infinity 2.0, collecting all the figures gets you a Lightsaber.

Stay with me.

In 3.0, when you get all the characters?

You unlock a Keyblade.

#KingdomHeartsConfirmedDisneyInfinity4.0

I would eliminate Fire Emblem.

Azuren said:
Aeolus451 said:
Azuren said:
BasilZero said:
Azuren said:
I'm saddened to see that most would do without Kingdom Hearts. Personally, I don't find Persona or Fire Emblem to be in even the same category, since Kingdom Hearts is an more ARPG than it is JRPG

uhh no

A jRPG means Japanese RPG. All three of these franchises are jRPG.

But they are different genres though.

Kingdom Hearts = Action RPG
Persona = Turn Based/Traditional RPG
Fire Emblem = Strategy RPG

Splitting hairs, since most of us immediately change gears to menu-based comnbat when we think JRPG, largely due to their heavy use of menus throughout the medium. 

You still got my point, though, so feel free to continue correcting people on things that don't really necessitate correcting.

He has a point and it's not splitting hairs. For example, Dragon's dogma is a JRPG even though it shares many similarities with WRPGs. JRPG does not mean turn based rpgs or "menu-based" rpgs.

Eh. He got the point I was making and decided he was going to be anal about specifics. And I never said that's what JRPG meant, I said that's what we immediately think of since it is the traditional JRPG format.

I swear, some people on this forum just want to win every argument, even if the opposing party isn't participating.

Actually, you've been participating plenty. I admit that I like to debate and felt like I had to chime in there because you were acting like a few of those weren't JRPGs.

Around the Network

As bad as the plot is in Kingdom Hearts it's one of the more relevant console JRPGs because of sporting a solid combat system ...

I'm not particularly interested in either Fire Emblem or Persona but if I had to pick which one to let go it would be the former ...

I'd have to go with Kingdom Hearts. I enjoy all 3, but I feel KH spiraled downward since they kept going sideways and backwards rather than properly going forward. So I just grew of it. KH it is.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
I'd have to go with Kingdom Hearts. I enjoy all 3, but I feel KH spiraled downward since they kept going sideways and backwards rather than properly going forward. So I just grew of it. KH it is.

You monster D:

Azuren said:
Cloudman said:

You monster D:

Lol, I enjoyed CoM and 358/2 days, but after awhile I couldn't take anymore spin offs... : X

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Azuren said:
Cloudman said:

You monster D:

Lol, I enjoyed CoM and 358/2 days, but after awhile I couldn't take anymore spin offs... : X

... You named off the two worst ones D:

Go play Dream Drop Distance.