By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 GTA4 Console

Microsoft unloads 500 GTA IV Xbox 360 Elite consoles

While folks at the Xbox 360 repair lab know good and well how to strip a console back to its birthday suit, Microsoft is going the opposite direction with its limited run of Grand Theft Auto IV Elites. The console itself is purportedly blasted with automotive quality paint and each one is individually numbered. Apparently, the 500 units -- which look to come with a case full of peripherals -- are only being dished out to press outlets and the like, so it seems your only shot at actually acquiring one is by scouring the second hand market. Or you could just steal one and toss a Molotov cocktail behind as you're getting away -- that'd be fitting, we guess.

Around the Network

Ouch, what a blow to the PS3.

mM

Well if you read, it's only 500 and they aren't being sold directly to the consumer, I just thought it was interesting and yall might want to take a look.

Personally I think it looks ugly as hell.

if they only make the rest of the case a color that would suit the paint-job. ie: like the Simpsons one.. where the entire color of the console is Simpson yellow

But hey, 500 units. I wonder who will be 'lucky' enough to get their hands on it

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Not too fond of it tbh... I mean i doubt i will even buy GTA4 anyway!

Around the Network

Here's another pic that shows the faceplate as well:

I think it looks good.  They should have done a limited 50,000 run for it.

ewwww...it looks hideous

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

meh doesnt look great.

Is that just the box-art plastered on the side of the console?

microsoft are pulling out all the stops for this game. it would have been the end of this game on ps3 if it was timed exclusive for 360. sony were clever enough to make sure the game gets released on the same date as each other. i guess they knew microsoft were probably going to try and cement some kind of exclusive right to this game.

have any of you wondered why sony haven't even haven't even done a little bit of marketing for this game yet, while microsoft are marketing it like a hoe? does sone have something up their sleeve and are waiting for the perfect time to steal the lime light from microsoft? i'm not saying its definate, but surely it's possible. sony know they have to market this game. they know it's the biggest game of '08 and they want as many sales as microsoft do. they are doing it for mgs 4 so they must have something instore for gta 4. maybe a bundle? i personally think sony have something up their sleeve for this game, but i could be wrong.