By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 GTA4 Console

meh to me as well... Seems like the cheapest route to make a custom GTA4 360 case: Slap the boxart on the side and put the GTA logo on the front.

I would have liked to see a closeup of the main character Niko on one side, and their cellshaded girl in a bikini on the other side... and on the back above the ethernet port, a sticker that says 'Get DLC Here'

Around the Network

i think it looks cool

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

they should have made at least 5000. It would increase hype - to get that version of the console
anyways, i think it doesn't look too bad

it looks really cool,
but nothing special, my friend has his ps3 custom made gta4.
even if u dont get this version u can still find ways to do it with ur old 360.

Microsoft are being run by a bunch of retards, they should have released it to gaming stores, it would have destroyed the PS3 in sales. Even I would have bought one.

mM
Around the Network

Why is anyone either commenting on what this console looks like?

Does noone realize what this console is meant to do? The significance of who it is being supplied to?

These will be set up in gaming press offices, a few major stores and launch sites to show gamers (and create the impression in the gaming press' minds) that the Xbox 360 is THE GTAIV console.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Username2324 said:

Microsoft unloads 500 GTA IV Xbox 360 Elite consoles

While folks at the Xbox 360 repair lab know good and well how to strip a console back to its birthday suit, Microsoft is going the opposite direction with its limited run of Grand Theft Auto IV Elites. The console itself is purportedly blasted with automotive quality paint and each one is individually numbered. Apparently, the 500 units -- which look to come with a case full of peripherals -- are only being dished out to press outlets and the like, so it seems your only shot at actually acquiring one is by scouring the second hand market. Or you could just steal one and toss a Molotov cocktail behind as you're getting away -- that'd be fitting, we guess.
 sounds like they might be trying to bribe reviewers again like with the halo reviewer swag pack 

I think it looks nice. I just wish my Elite were that color of black (you know, matching the fucking controller) instead of dark grey.

While there are going to be the people going crazy about it, I see no appeal in this what-so-ever. Most of it is just because I'm not a huge fan of the series. However, I guess I don't find it appealing as it looks like they are pretty much just copying and pasting the box art onto the top of the 360?

starcraft said:
Why is anyone either commenting on what this console looks like?

Does noone realize what this console is meant to do? The significance of who it is being supplied to?

These will be set up in gaming press offices, a few major stores and launch sites to show gamers (and create the impression in the gaming press' minds) that the Xbox 360 is THE GTAIV console.

500 360s will not be enough to show gamers that the 360 is the GTA 4 console. I do agree on that statement though, if I had a 360 I would buy GTA 4 on it.

mM