By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 GTA4 Console

Moneybags said:
Mistershine said:
Moneybags said:
Funny how its called "complete experience" when both version have everything that was originaly intended for GTA4. MS pay payed for "extras" and that won't nessesarily make a game any more complete. Both games will have the full story, all the missions and content R* wanted for the game.

It's like saying, "the 360 version is incomplete too untill you buy our extra content."

Even R* themselves said the only way to cet the complete experience is to buy the 360 version.

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/grand-theft-auto-iv/news/no-exclusives-for-ps3-gta-iv/a-20070725111542242077/g-20060313153735796095

I'd say that too if M$ payed me $50 mil. M$ wouldn't be to happy if they said other wise as well. Besides it still doesn't change the fact. OH and by the way Capcom now says only complete version of lost planet is on ps3 because it comes with extras and Square says FF3 for snes is incomplete because of extra content on the ports to PS1 and GBA....

I would think the complete version of lost planet is on PC/360, in the form of colonies.
Any way, they'd be right to say so, if a game has 'enhancing features' only available on one console then that console has the complete version.

Around the Network

I think it looks quite good

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Mistershine said:
Moneybags said:
Mistershine said:
Moneybags said:
Funny how its called "complete experience" when both version have everything that was originaly intended for GTA4. MS pay payed for "extras" and that won't nessesarily make a game any more complete. Both games will have the full story, all the missions and content R* wanted for the game.

It's like saying, "the 360 version is incomplete too untill you buy our extra content."

Even R* themselves said the only way to cet the complete experience is to buy the 360 version.

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/grand-theft-auto-iv/news/no-exclusives-for-ps3-gta-iv/a-20070725111542242077/g-20060313153735796095

I'd say that too if M$ payed me $50 mil. M$ wouldn't be to happy if they said other wise as well. Besides it still doesn't change the fact. OH and by the way Capcom now says only complete version of lost planet is on ps3 because it comes with extras and Square says FF3 for snes is incomplete because of extra content on the ports to PS1 and GBA....

I would think the complete version of lost planet is on PC/360, in the form of colonies.
Any way, they'd be right to say so, if a game has 'enhancing features' only available on one console then that console has the complete version.

Well if you agree with me about FF3 and such then I guess that makes touting the "Complete ex." statement rather pointless.

Wow, kingofwale really couldn't stop from posting the RROD picture in a 360-related thread, could he?

The trolling is strong with you, son.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Don't buy multiplats for 360 anymore. Not worth the risk of having the game but my 360 being repaired, and my playstation lookin at me lol. On a side note this game will sell well, hardware should be evenly matched. Casuals will like the 360 price but not having to PAY for this complete experience with a gold membership and the obvious fees

Ynwa.

Around the Network

Well for an AVERAGE Consumer GTA IV PS3 could be "more complete" due to FREE ONLINE..

on 360 you would need to get a gold membership for the online mode = $50 + whatever DLC will count

making GTA IV cost over $110

so the CONSUMER needs to decide

PAY over $110 for a COMPLETE experience or pay $60 for Ps3 version & $60 for MGS4 coming a month later

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

TyePhoid_PAL said:
Don't buy multiplats for 360 anymore. Not worth the risk of having the game but my 360 being repaired, and my playstation lookin at me lol. On a side note this game will sell well, hardware should be evenly matched. Casuals will like the 360 price but not having to PAY for this complete experience with a gold membership and the obvious fees
 That will only work if you have forked out $$$$ for a PS3 and you play it. I tend to default to 360 unless it's PS3 exclusive. Even then, I haven't seen anything multiplat that just screams PS3 at the moment. And you don't have to pay to download the content on the 360 - just to play online.

darthdevidem01 said:
Well for an AVERAGE Consumer GTA IV PS3 could be "more complete" due to FREE ONLINE..

on 360 you would need to get a gold membership for the online mode = $50 + whatever DLC will count

making GTA IV cost over $110

so the CONSUMER needs to decide

PAY over $110 for a COMPLETE experience or pay $60 for Ps3 version & $60 for MGS4 coming a month later

Well ...

Let's add it up for a consumer that hasn't made the purchase of either system:

PS3 route:

PS3 - $399

GTA IV - $60

Episodic content - $0 (it's never gonna happen)

Total: $459

360 route:

360 - $229 (after price cut)

GTA IV - $60

Episodic content - $0 if you don't have a hard drive

Total: $289

Addition - hard drive - $50 off eBay

Content cost: $20 per episode estimate

Xbox LIVE cost: $0 for silver members who can download everything gold members can 

Total for complete GTA IV experience: $359

That's still $100 cheaper for the complete experience. I just don't understand why folks believe Sony, with a much higher price point, will move more consoles AND games because the original was on the PS's. LOL!