By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 GTA4 Console

smbu2000 said:
kingofwale said:
>On topic: MS' ad campaign WILL convince anyone who doesn't know that the 360 is going to have the complete GTAIV experience.

I wonder how many people will buy the Arcade Version and GTAIV... only to find that not only they won't have a "complete experience", they won't even have online experience at all unless they pay another 50 bucks

I wonder how many people will buy the PS3 version...only to find out that not only won't they have the complete experience, but that the only way they will have the complete experience is to buy a 360 and another copy of GTAIV.

See we can spin this thing both ways...

Good way to look at both sides of the coin.

@ King

Trust me - MS will make it crystal clear that the 360 will get the complete experience. Just wait and check out the ads. You'll know which system is getting it. Plus, the 360 owners can pick up an HD cheap off eBay or craigslist if they wanna play the episodes.

Even with that, gaming lineups will play a huge role, but price will matter, especially if the PS3 isn't much better than the 360 version. 

Around the Network
madskillz said:
smbu2000 said:
kingofwale said:
>On topic: MS' ad campaign WILL convince anyone who doesn't know that the 360 is going to have the complete GTAIV experience.

I wonder how many people will buy the Arcade Version and GTAIV... only to find that not only they won't have a "complete experience", they won't even have online experience at all unless they pay another 50 bucks

I wonder how many people will buy the PS3 version...only to find out that not only won't they have the complete experience, but that the only way they will have the complete experience is to buy a 360 and another copy of GTAIV.

See we can spin this thing both ways...

Good way to look at both sides of the coin.

@ King

Trust me - MS will make it crystal clear that the 360 will get the complete experience. Just wait and check out the ads. You'll know which system is getting it. Plus, the 360 owners can pick up an HD cheap off eBay or craigslist if they wanna play the episodes.

Even with that, gaming lineups will play a huge role, but price will matter, especially if the PS3 isn't much better than the 360 version.

and yet sadly, we all know Microsoft will NEVER make clear what kind of system the user needs to have to get that complete experience. Pro+gold membership+DLC. *sighs*

Frankly, my point is. If the "complete" experience isn't there from the start (with no announcement of its release date), average consumers will not care.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I think people are really overreacting about this game, it will sell amazing on both consoles but not decided things one way or another.

I do think sony should have paid rockstar to keep this game exclusive or timed exclusive, but they aren't as into that as ms...

Funny how its called "complete experience" when both version have everything that was originaly intended for GTA4. MS pay payed for "extras" and that won't nessesarily make a game any more complete. Both games will have the full story, all the missions and content R* wanted for the game.

It's like saying, "the 360 version is incomplete too untill you buy our extra content."

starcraft said:
madskillz said:
kingofwale said:
starcraft said:
Why is anyone either commenting on what this console looks like?

Does noone realize what this console is meant to do? The significance of who it is being supplied to?

These will be set up in gaming press offices, a few major stores and launch sites to show gamers (and create the impression in the gaming press' minds) that the Xbox 360 is THE GTAIV console.

so... are you saying this one is also built with better quality? Gosh, I wouldn't want this to happen again. Remember this one?

Fixed.

I'm glad Sony finally produced a reliable product this generation.

I think this single post represents enough evidence to conclude that Sony's PS3 failure rat is just as high as the 360's..........

lol

Around the Network

Looks pretty aweome!
Damn limited.. :/

Username2324 said:
starcraft said:

I think this single post represents enough evidence to conclude that Sony's PS3 failure rat is just as high as the 360's..........

I hope your joking....

I'm still deciding....

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Looks wierd.

Moneybags said:
Funny how its called "complete experience" when both version have everything that was originaly intended for GTA4. MS pay payed for "extras" and that won't nessesarily make a game any more complete. Both games will have the full story, all the missions and content R* wanted for the game.

It's like saying, "the 360 version is incomplete too untill you buy our extra content."

Even R* themselves said the only way to cet the complete experience is to buy the 360 version.

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/grand-theft-auto-iv/news/no-exclusives-for-ps3-gta-iv/a-20070725111542242077/g-20060313153735796095

Mistershine said:
Moneybags said:

Even R* themselves said the only way to cet the complete experience is to buy the 360 version.

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/grand-theft-auto-iv/news/no-exclusives-for-ps3-gta-iv/a-20070725111542242077/g-20060313153735796095

I'd say that too if M$ payed me $50 mil. M$ wouldn't be to happy if they said other wise as well. Besides it still doesn't change the fact. OH and by the way Capcom now says only complete version of lost planet is on ps3 because it comes with extras and Square says FF3 for snes is incomplete because of extra content on the ports to PS1 and GBA....