By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 GTA4 Console

@King of Wail

$50M says otherwise. MS will OWN GTAIV big time and trust me, you will see R* ads with 360 plastered over it. Even MS was misquoted saying it was 360-only and will tout the complete experience is on the 360. Based on the number of folks who bought San Andreas, Vice City and GTA III on both systems, MS will literally tout that complete experience fact and run with it like a runaway slave.

Believe you me - RROD or not, only recently have gamers said reliability was the main reason they wouldn't buy a 360. I think it really, really goes deeper. Look at my above pic - the dirty Sony secret that still hits PS2s now. Sony just repaired it if you moaned - that's it.

Regardless, MS will move consoles, especially with a price cut in the U.S. Just sit back, son, and watch the aftermath.

Around the Network
madskillz said:
@King of Wail

$50M says otherwise. MS will OWN GTAIV big time and trust me, you will see R* ads with 360 plastered over it. Even MS was misquoted saying it was 360-only and will tout the complete experience is on the 360. Based on the number of folks who bought San Andreas, Vice City and GTA III on both systems, MS will literally tout that complete experience fact and run with it like a runaway slave.

Believe you me - RROD or not, only recently have gamers said reliability was the main reason they wouldn't buy a 360. I think it really, really goes deeper. Look at my above pic - the dirty Sony secret that still hits PS2s now. Sony just repaired it if you moaned - that's it.

Regardless, MS will move consoles, especially with a price cut in the U.S. Just sit back, son, and watch the aftermath.

See, I would disagree, but I have no idea who you are talking to.

I would bet on it with you.. but you already made another bet with someone else.

So I shall just sit back and watch Microsoft's PR spin... like they've been doing for last 2 months

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
madskillz said:
@King of Wail

Wasn't your HD-DVD topic recently resurrected?  Didn't you claim that it was going to be the format?  Seems like your credibility is not so great.  Anyway on topic, the 360 will sell more due to GTA4 so i dunno why kingofwhale is even arguing about this.

Auron said:
madskillz said:
@King of Wail

Wasn't your HD-DVD topic recently resurrected? Didn't you claim that it was going to be the format? Seems like your credibility is not so great. Anyway on topic, the 360 will sell more due to GTA4 so i dunno why kingofwhale is even arguing about this.

Not to get off topic, but that HD DVD thread has nothing to do with this. It was still chugging along until early this year.

On topic: MS' ad campaign WILL convince anyone who doesn't know that the 360 is going to have the complete GTAIV experience.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

>On topic: MS' ad campaign WILL convince anyone who doesn't know that the 360 is going to have the complete GTAIV experience.

I wonder how many people will buy the Arcade Version and GTAIV... only to find that not only they won't have a "complete experience", they won't even have online experience at all unless they pay another 50 bucks

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Around the Network
Auron said:
madskillz said:
@King of Wail

Wasn't your HD-DVD topic recently resurrected? Didn't you claim that it was going to be the format? Seems like your credibility is not so great. Anyway on topic, the 360 will sell more due to GTA4 so i dunno why kingofwhale is even arguing about this.

Ok, let me put it like this - first, I wasn't the jackass who pulled it up from the beyond just to troll. Did you read what I said? I stated even if the format folded, I was STILL happy with my purchase. If that's all you have to blast my credibility ... sigh ... next ... I'm still waiting to see your credentials in the game biz.

Second, you *think* folks are going to pay MORE to play the PS3 version just because the series sold best on the PS2? You don't *think* that having a more-reliable console with a much, much lower price point, MS advertising the devil out of the game and touting the complete experience *might* not make a difference?

If you think brand alone for the PS3 vs. R* admitting the complete experience is on the 360 will spell victory for the PS3, you should be riding this.

The 360 is well known for releasing VERY limited editions. The ones that come to my mind are the 300 and the Simpsons editions. Good luck finding those.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

starcraft said:
madskillz said:
kingofwale said:
starcraft said:
Why is anyone either commenting on what this console looks like?

Does noone realize what this console is meant to do? The significance of who it is being supplied to?

These will be set up in gaming press offices, a few major stores and launch sites to show gamers (and create the impression in the gaming press' minds) that the Xbox 360 is THE GTAIV console.

so... are you saying this one is also built with better quality? Gosh, I wouldn't want this to happen again. Remember this one?

Fixed.

I'm glad Sony finally produced a reliable product this generation.

I think this single post represents enough evidence to conclude that Sony's PS3 failure rat is just as high as the 360's..........

I hope your joking....

kingofwale said:
>On topic: MS' ad campaign WILL convince anyone who doesn't know that the 360 is going to have the complete GTAIV experience.

I wonder how many people will buy the Arcade Version and GTAIV... only to find that not only they won't have a "complete experience", they won't even have online experience at all unless they pay another 50 bucks

I wonder how many people will buy the PS3 version...only to find out that not only won't they have the complete experience, but that the only way they will have the complete experience is to buy a 360 and another copy of GTAIV.

See we can spin this thing both ways...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
kingofwale said:

I wonder how many people will buy the PS3 version...only to find out that not only won't they have the complete experience, but that the only way they will have the complete experience is to buy a 360 and another copy of GTAIV.

See we can spin this thing both ways...

there's no sense spinning this the other way because Microsoft seems to be the only one doing it.

Wait... what is the 'complete' experience again? And how much will it cost? When is it coming out?

Those will be the question consumers will be asking. And what will Microsoft say then?

selnor
Episode 2: