By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Technically, Brawl beat Halo 3's first day sales.

I thought I was being nice. :(... although I must apologize as your insisting on comparing two completely different genre games kinda annoyed me. Because this will lead to nothing but flames from fanboys.

Yeah, ioi did say that, but he was wrong, at least according various other reports.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

And I was all surprised and everything because of that!

Well, at least that still gives Brawl a fighting chance at taking down Halo 3's 1st week sales. Japan's .5 mil will help it. Also, the amount of delays NoE are giving for the game will raise hype in Europe.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
daactualfact said:
ok, king of wales, you could have said it a little nicer at the end.

Well, what in the world happened when ioi came and told us that Brawl struck 1.25 mil on 1st day?

It was an estimate and he included other countries like Canada. Nintendo is just talking about North America. 

September 21, 2007 360 had an install base of 11,737,781 just before Halo 3 was released worldwide...

Wii had an install base of 20,623,956 on the January 25, 2008 just before Brawl was released in Japan...

If you look at percentage of install base who purchased Brawl vs. Halo 3, Brawl loses... It is difficult to compare raw sales between two different time periods with two very different install bases as apples-to-apples. But, I feel both are selling very well.

daactualfact said:
And I was all surprised and everything because of that!

Well, at least that still gives Brawl a fighting chance at taking down Halo 3's 1st week sales. Japan's .5 mil will help it. Also, the amount of delays NoE are giving for the game will raise hype in Europe.

Well, I thought so too, but then when the final number comes out showing 1.4 million, I know the first estimation of 1.2 million first day was too much.

I don't think it will take down Halo at all. In fact, delay launch in different regions not only kills hypes, it also force hardcore fans to mod their wii just so they can play brawl from other region. Personally I think it's doing more harm to a game to have delays. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
Edouble24 said:
daactualfact said:

Well, what in the world happened when ioi came and told us that Brawl struck 1.25 mil on 1st day?

It was an estimate and he included other countries like Canada. Nintendo is just talking about North America.

Um no offence , but north america is canada,the united states, and mexico. 

sc94597 said:
Edouble24 said:
daactualfact said:

Um no offence , but north america is canada,the united states, and mexico. 

Scoop! 

umm...about the ioi saying 1.25 million first day - he meant America (including Canada) and he overtracked

daactualfact said:

thats first week, not day.

Common who the hell cares wich sold more ? Both did great , and even if Brawl wont beat the first week record it will probably sell more during its lifetime , so who cares ?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!