By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you an Xbox Fan, Playstation Fan, or Nintendo Fan.

Read the title

Xbox Fan! :D 68 11.74%

Playstation Fan! :D 295 50.95%

Nintendo Fan! :D 216 37.31%

Total:579

I prefer Nintendo than all three.

Around the Network
Zadainie said:
PlayStation, even though Nintendo games got me into gaming and I still play and love them. I am also willing to play any good XBOX games like Gears of Wars.

Exactly this for me as well. I also play on pc from time to time

deskpro2k3 said:

AlfredoTurkey said:

I know Sony technically "develops" games but, what are their biggest titles? What is the reason people buy PS4's? It's because of third party support. If they had to only rely on first party, I don't think they'd even be IN the industry anymore.

You can pretty much copy and paste my opening paragraph for Microsoft except that they'd be in even worse shape. Their biggest IP, and the one that probably kept them from nose diving off a cliff and quitting all together was Halo and they BOUGHT that IP... they didn't make it. Microsoft would be fucked without third parties to either buy or advertise as their own.

Nintendo, on the other hand, has stayed afloat for the last 20 years off of first party games. The last two generations it's been pretty much nothing but their own games that have kept them alive and to me, that's much more impressive.

So, if we're going to go on the whole "which company are you a bigger fan of"... I'm going to go with the one company that starts at the word "game" and ends with the word "game". Nintendo has always been about the game. It's always been a genuine game company at it's heart and a business company second. It's one of the reasons they are so far behind which is admirable. They never sold out their values which is basically... make great games.

Might argue for every company that is not Nintendo as well... and that's a lie...

deskpro2k3 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I know Sony technically "develops" games but, what are their biggest titles? What is the reason people buy PS4's? It's because of third party support. If they had to only rely on first party, I don't think they'd even be IN the industry anymore.

You're wrong on this statement. On PS3, we saw a wealth of first party games, and it outperformed the competition. Third party support helps, but first party games is what make the console shows off its strength.

*Brofist*

leyendax69 said:
Zadainie said:
PlayStation, even though Nintendo games got me into gaming and I still play and love them. I am also willing to play any good XBOX games like Gears of Wars.

Exactly this for me as well. I also play on pc from time to time

I realized that if you have a PC and either a XONE or PS4, the other console is rendered redundant, and since I am not a fan of Sony exclusives (burnt too often) but I like Halo and know it will never have a PC port, I went with them. I bet those that prefer Killzone think the same way...

PlayStation, though I do like Nintendo consoles a lot as well. The console that I generally use the most is the PS2.

Nintendo fan. With PC for third parties. I'm convinced that it's the best combo I've ever chosen. I'm quite happy this gen with these 3 gaming platforms (PC, WiiU, 3DS)

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

You're wrong on this statement. On PS3, we saw a wealth of first party games, and it outperformed the competition. Third party support helps, but first party games is what make the console shows off its strength.

I meant their foundation. Would PS1 have beaten N64 with only first party games? Would PS2 have been as great if Xbox had all the third party exclusives? Playstation as a brand has third party to thank for it's success.

I will let my right arm answer for me:

I was a Nintendo fan during the N64 era and Sega fan in the genisis age. I picked up a PS1 at the end of the gen for Chrono Cross and a few of the classics were soon to follow (MGS, RE 1-3, Final Fantasy 7-9, Legend of Dragoon, etc). My late experience with the PS1 was enough to make me jump ship (Final Fantasy X in particular) to the PS2, and later got a Game Cube for good measure. Most of my gaming that gen we PS2.

Now I was STRONGLY considering going 360, but then MGS4 was announced as PS3 only so I stuck with Playstation when I jumped to the following gen. As many of you know, this was the time Sony really started ramping out exclusives, and I fell in love with my PS3. I later picked up a 360, only to use it for exclusives only for the most part because I had just gotten so attached to my PS3 and well...it wasn't one.

Now in the current gen I obviously got the PS4 first for a number of reasons. PS3 had better exclusives, 360 lacked exclusives for the last two years, more power, etc. I also got a Vita for remote play and suprise suprise, I like the games it offered as well (so much more than people give credit for, look at amazon for a bigger picture). Picked up a WiiU, barely gets used otger than Smash and Mario Kart by me. Got an X1, use it only for exclusives which are few and far between (holiday release focus is rubbish).

Funny thing is I actually TRIED to like my X1 more, has some nice features. But with the PS4 having more/better exclusives, better multiplats, better gaming features (remote play is a godsend when you have kids), and good Japanese support I just can't take my X1 seriously at times. I like all my consoles and they all offer enough, but for my my heart has continued to side with Playstation for a long time now and even when I try, I can't diverge from that path. Maybe next gen, but I doubt it.

I also went PC on and off for a time, mainly for MMOs and Fable.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I only bought a PS4 this gen as far as consoles. But I like games from everyone.

#4 - Steam! I grew up on Nintendo, but outside of the few first party Nintendo games, I've been really let down on the offerings. Steam wins out, I get 95% of the catalog that comes to PS4/XB1, at a cheaper price.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com