By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Vita Media Create Sales (2014 vs 2015 vs 2016)

OneKartVita said:
Dr.Vita said:

Yep, it was definitely a good decision to put FFX/X-2 on Vita. :)

They have awesome vita support coming but why stop there.  Why not give vita a port of the 3DS dq11?  Maybe Nintendo paid for exclusivity on the 3DS and the NX handheld? 

The reason is, it would have been a total waste of resources. When it comes to multiplattform games PSV pretty much gets most of the time either low budget PS4 games that are easy to port or PSV games become multiplattform due to otherwise low software sales expectations, otherwise we would have seen more games like Star Ocean 5 also on PSV, or also on PS3 available games like the Yakuza series.

PS4s version of DQ11 is beeing made on Unreal Engine 4, which means an easy port to PSV isn´t possible. The 3DS version isn´t possible due to missing 2nd screen, so the initial contempary 3D and 2D gameplay isn´t possible and a port isn´t as easy to make it worthwile and pretty much useless considering the DQ fanbase is already on 3DS in Japan and there is already a PS4 version to target the western market.

Around the Network

Tagging!

Wow, it surely took a hit this first week. D=

Hopefully Warudo of Fainaru Fantaji can boost its sales (I bet it will)!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Tagging.
How long will loli boats keep vita afloat ?
Also expecting a lot from japanese minecraft.

I think this year will catch a lot of people by surprise, I think it has a chance to sell more than 2014 and 2015 respectively. Of course this depends on how well received this year's games are (and if minecraft continues to have crazy legs).

Around the Network
Shadow8 said:
I think this year will catch a lot of people by surprise, I think it has a chance to sell more than 2014 and 2015 respectively. Of course this depends on how well received this year's games are (and if minecraft continues to have crazy legs).

I'd like that to be true, but I feel the only chance to be up over those years is with a price cut and/or remodel.

There's very little coming this year that isn't appealing to the fanbase that's already there - look at the big games in March, for example - Miku (already on the console); Digimon (already on the console) and Summon Night - which may help, but is also on PS4 and isn't a massive series.

The only plus for this year is that Square Enix have remembered the console exists again, so maybe their games will do something.

Kresnik said:
Shadow8 said:

I'd like that to be true, but I feel the only chance to be up over those years is with a price cut and/or remodel.

There's very little coming this year that isn't appealing to the fanbase that's already there - look at the big games in March, for example - Miku (already on the console); Digimon (already on the console) and Summon Night - which may help, but is also on PS4 and isn't a massive series.

The only plus for this year is that Square Enix have remembered the console exists again, so maybe their games will do something.

You say that, but look how much monster hunter one again spiked 3DS sales. If have said that audience was pretty much already there too lol #optimism

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Kresnik said:
Shadow8 said:

I see what you mean, but I do think Attack on titan and dead or alive will help sell hardware. I also think there is also a lot of unannounced stuff for the second half of the year that can help boost it and as you say Square Enix should help out this year as well. Of course this is only optimistic speculation, but i have hope!

Week 2 has been updated (look at the start post)!

2016 has a fairly good chance to pull ahead of 2015 actually, even when the week alignment favours 2015.