By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Vita Media Create Sales (2014 vs 2015 vs 2016)

Dr.Vita said:
PowerXXX said:

Actually a GAF insider said that FFX/X-2 performance on Vita is exactly the reason it gets more support (and he/she said it before Square Enix starts the PSVITA announcements).

Yep, it was definitely a good decision to put FFX/X-2 on Vita. :)

Yep :)

Also, speaking of FFX/X-2, one of the reasons that i can't wait for this year's Media Create white book is the updated numbers for the PS4 version. It debuted slow and got out of the Top 20-30 quickly but according to Dengeki, it stayed in Top 50 for some time, so it should be selling around 2-3k every week for some time.

Maybe if someone can find the numbers of the PS3 and Vita version including digital and then add the PS4 sales, FFX/X-2 HD may be at 800k in Japan! 

And there are people that still say that FF is on decline when an HD collection is doing such numbers. It may be on a small delcine like everyhting in Japan (Monster Hunter for example) but in no way it is so tragic as some people believe.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
PowerXXX said:

Actually a GAF insider said that FFX/X-2 performance on Vita is exactly the reason it gets more support (and he/she said it before Square Enix starts the PSVITA announcements).

They have awesome vita support coming but why stop there.  Why not give vita a port of the 3DS dq11?  Maybe Nintendo paid for exclusivity on the 3DS and the NX handheld? 

Changed op a bit, I added the release dates of some upcoming big PS Vita games. If you know more release dates of other upcoming PS Vita games, feel free to post them here! :)

It looks like 2016 will be an insane year for PS Vita!!!

OneKartVita said:
Dr.Vita said:

They have awesome vita support coming but why stop there.  Why not give vita a port of the 3DS dq11?  Maybe Nintendo paid for exclusivity on the 3DS and the NX handheld? 

Probably. But if Builders and Heroes II do well on Vita maybe they will port it on Vita too or at least Vita will get more Dragon Quest games. I am more surprised that Vita didn't got Theatrhythm DQ instead of DQXI actually, especially after it bombed on 3DS.

OneKartVita said:
Dr.Vita said:

Yep, can't understand why Square Enix isn't bringing Dragon Quest 11 to PS Vita. :/
Hope that the other Dragon Quest games will do good on PS Vita and that Square Enix will continue with the Dragon Quest support on PS Vita and maybe port Dragon Quest 11 then on it. ^^ 

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:

Changed op a bit, I added the release dates of some upcoming big PS Vita games. If you know more release dates of other upcoming PS Vita games, feel free to post them here! :)

It looks like 2016 will be an insane year for PS Vita!!!

If Sony plays the cards right they can make Vita a perfect option for developers at least untill 2019. Especially now that developers are pushing hard for PS4/PSVita releases, Sony should lower the price or introduce a new model along a big game (Heroes 2, Saga or Toukiden 2) but they should do it before the release of big PS4 games or a PS4 slim model in order to not cut the PS4 hype.

MikeRox said:
Nautilus said:
Thats just japan sales right?If so, it really did start slow.

Slow in comparison to what?

To the previous years.But i was wrong, and already corrected!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Tagging

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

when i said first final fantasy game, what i kinda had in mind was first new final fantasy. but ff x/x-2 remaster did slip my mind. Hopefully both dragon quest and the final fantasy games do well and sq-en gives more support to the vita.

Tagging here...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread