By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NIntendo announces another amiibo game, Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge for Wii U and 3DS

Magnus said:
The game is not free, it will be given away for free for those who buy Amiibos now, presumably it's a limited deal. However, this game will likely be on eShop for cheap. I don't see why people want a Skylanders kind of game with amiibo, those games are a scam.

Yeah, bundled with amiibo initially, that's how it was worded in the OP's list.
Either way, I think the OP got updated? Now it clearly states:

Those who purchase an amiibo figure starting on January 28 can download (with codes) Mini Mario & Friends at no extra cost. Nintendo is making it so consumers can obtain the game for both of its platforms. There are also plans to distribute Mini Mario & Friends on the eShop for free at some point in the future.

And the code was visible at the end of the trailer: https://youtu.be/bycoAdmdQ-E?t=84

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Pavolink said:

Those remakes weren't done of thin air. It needed Aonuma to be looking at those. As the person in charge of the franchise he has to supervise. Or do you really believe they just make the games and get released? No. He has to look at it. That's what some of us complain, as all that time invested in those remakes and spin offs can affect the developement, like Minish Cap to Twilight Princess back in 2005.

Yes because a remake, which is keeping the same looking world (just better visuals) and the same story and the same characters (just more detailed) really is going to require anyone from the original. Aonuma led that, probably, like producers are involved in movies (a fancy name attached to it to make it sell better). It's not like you need an incredibly bright guy to lead a team of developers to take a previous game and make it look shinier, but keep everything else the same (or 97% of it).

Thank you.