By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NIntendo announces another amiibo game, Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge for Wii U and 3DS

Dulfite said:
Pavolink said:

Those remakes weren't done of thin air. It needed Aonuma to be looking at those. As the person in charge of the franchise he has to supervise. Or do you really believe they just make the games and get released? No. He has to look at it. That's what some of us complain, as all that time invested in those remakes and spin offs can affect the developement, like Minish Cap to Twilight Princess back in 2005.

Yes because a remake, which is keeping the same looking world (just better visuals) and the same story and the same characters (just more detailed) really is going to require anyone from the original. Aonuma led that, probably, like producers are involved in movies (a fancy name attached to it to make it sell better). It's not like you need an incredibly bright guy to lead a team of developers to take a previous game and make it look shinier, but keep everything else the same (or 97% of it).

Yet, he has to spend time and even more with the changes they made, like the Majora's Mask changes or the cut dungeon for Hyrule Warriors (a traditional dungeon was developed for Hyrule Warriors).

He has to look for 8 games before Zelda HD this gen. That is a lot of games.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Dulfite said:
Pavolink said:

Those remakes weren't done of thin air. It needed Aonuma to be looking at those. As the person in charge of the franchise he has to supervise. Or do you really believe they just make the games and get released? No. He has to look at it. That's what some of us complain, as all that time invested in those remakes and spin offs can affect the developement, like Minish Cap to Twilight Princess back in 2005.

Yes because a remake, which is keeping the same looking world (just better visuals) and the same story and the same characters (just more detailed) really is going to require anyone from the original. Aonuma led that, probably, like producers are involved in movies (a fancy name attached to it to make it sell better). It's not like you need an incredibly bright guy to lead a team of developers to take a previous game and make it look shinier, but keep everything else the same (or 97% of it).

Yet, he has to spend time and even more with the changes they made, like the Majora's Mask changes or the cut dungeon for Hyrule Warriors (a traditional dungeon was developed for Hyrule Warriors).

He has to look for 8 games before Zelda HD this gen. That is a lot of games.

The changes made to MM are extremely tiny by comparison to the work that goes into making a brand new game. All remakes are a in comparison to new games in terms of resources/personnel required. And HW was made by a non Nintendo team that has great experience in making those type of games. I doubt whatever he contributed in that was much.

Yea there are a lot of games he has worked on as a "overseer" but a lot doesn't mean a large % of his time. Each game could be 3% of his time, not much.

Dulfite said:

The changes made to MM are extremely tiny by comparison to the work that goes into making a brand new game. All remakes are a in comparison to new games in terms of resources/personnel required. And HW was made by a non Nintendo team that has great experience in making those type of games. I doubt whatever he contributed in that was much.

Yea there are a lot of games he has worked on as a "overseer" but a lot doesn't mean a large % of his time. Each game could be 3% of his time, not much.

Nope. This is not like he just go sees the game one or two times before release. On top of that, changing boss battles, zora swimming, fishing minigame, bomber's notebook, and some other details (and this is only Majora's Mask) it's something that Grezzo alone wouldn't have made, even less when we take in count that the game was developed for 4 years... For OoT3D I can see, but not for MM3D. Also, Triforce Heroes was co-developed, and TWWHD was made by the Zelda team, so no. Very far from 3%.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

people really bitching and complaining about a free game?

zippy said:
curl-6 said:

Three garbage games in as many months from a company that used to have an immaculate record is already a fall.

I cant call Mario Tennis Ultra Smash a garbage game, it looks fine, plays fine, runs at a nice 60fps, and is a hoot for local multiplayer. Its just there isn't enough of it which spoils it somewhat. If there were more modes added like Splatoon it would pass as a decent game.

It has less content and depth than Mario Tennis on the N64. That's unacceptable.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:

The game is free. You get what you pay for.

Rocket League was free.

"Free."

Baddman said:
people really bitching and complaining about a free game?

I think some people haven't realized it's free.

spemanig said:
KLAMarine said:

The game is free. You get what you pay for.

Rocket League was free.

"Free."

Indeed. It was a "free" game.

curl-6 said:
zippy said:
curl-6 said:

Three garbage games in as many months from a company that used to have an immaculate record is already a fall.

I cant call Mario Tennis Ultra Smash a garbage game, it looks fine, plays fine, runs at a nice 60fps, and is a hoot for local multiplayer. Its just there isn't enough of it which spoils it somewhat. If there were more modes added like Splatoon it would pass as a decent game.

It has less content and depth than Mario Tennis on the N64. That's unacceptable.

Correct, but what is there is great just not enough of it. I would call it lazy on Nintendo's part rather than a garbage product, it is quite polished. Like I said, if Nintendo added more content via an update it would be a decent game. I think Nintendo should add more content, hopefully they might after it releases in Japan.

zippy said:
curl-6 said:

Correct, but what is there is great just not enough of it. I would call it lazy on Nintendo's part rather than a garbage product, it is quite polished. Like I said, if Nintendo added more content via an update it would be a decent game. I think Nintendo should add more content, hopefully they might after it releases in Japan.

I personally believe that being polished is not enough to make a game good; it needs to have meat on its bones.