By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NIntendo announces another amiibo game, Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge for Wii U and 3DS

curl-6 said:
JetSetter said:
curl-6 said:
Remember when Nintendo making a shit game was practically unheard of?

Now this, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash have all arrived within a 3 month period. How the mighty have fallen.

All it really shows me is that they have their minds elsewhere working on other things (plus trying to find uses for the amiibo that people keep clamoring for).

Call me when they pull a Konami then we can talk about "how the mighty have fallen". 

Three garbage games in as many months from a company that used to have an immaculate record is already a fall.

Depends on what you mean by garbage though. People want an amiibo game, but the moment one is announced it's the spawn of Satan it seems. Mario Tennis is simply a bare bones game meant to pad out a release schedule hole. And amiibo Festival is a means to use the Animal Crossing amiibo (becuase I assure you people would have complained if there was no game attached to the amiibo themselves). 

Around the Network

JetSetter said:

Depends on what you mean by garbage though. People want an amiibo game, but the moment one is announced it's the spawn of Satan it seems. Mario Tennis is simply a bare bones game meant to pad out a release schedule hole. And amiibo Festival is a means to use the Animal Crossing amiibo (becuase I assure you people would have complained if there was no game attached to the amiibo themselves). 

When people asked for Amiibo games, I was under the impression they were looking for a game of the usual Nintendo standard of quality, like a Nintendo Skylanders, not something that looks like App Store shovelware.

curl-6 said:
JetSetter said:
curl-6 said:
Remember when Nintendo making a shit game was practically unheard of?

Now this, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash have all arrived within a 3 month period. How the mighty have fallen.

All it really shows me is that they have their minds elsewhere working on other things (plus trying to find uses for the amiibo that people keep clamoring for).

Call me when they pull a Konami then we can talk about "how the mighty have fallen". 

Three garbage games in as many months from a company that used to have an immaculate record is already a fall.

They've had a few duds before, so they're not always perfect. I'm sure people don't look back on Wii Music fondly. Or Geist.

Judging Nintendo from two spin-offs, that were clearly rushed because nothing else besides XCX and Fast RN were going to be available by the holidays, is a little short-sighted. If they screwed up, say, Zelda Wii U, which gets an average score of 60-70, then we can discuss more on their potential decline in quality. Otherwise, Smash, Yoshi, Mario Maker, Xenoblade, and Splatoon have held their own pretty well I might say. Plus, you're judging a game that's not even out yet based on description and a few bits of gameplay. Its a Minis game..they haven't been considered trash from what I've read.

It just shows that Nintendo's juggling of two different consoles has caught up to them. Development has become more expensive and time consuming nowadays as technology has significantly advanced as HD games are to be expected (besides trying to create 3DS games).

curl-6 said:

JetSetter said:

When people asked for Amiibo games, I was under the impression they were looking for a game of the usual Nintendo standard of quality, like a Nintendo Skylanders, not something that looks like App Store shovelware.

True, but in the end people have to understand you can't just make a game like that willy-nilly. It probably doesn't make much sense to Nintendo to invest heavily in an amiibo game when it's all uncharted territory for them. 

Kai_Mao said:
curl-6 said:

They've had a few duds before, so they're not always perfect. I'm sure people don't look back on Wii Music fondly. Or Geist.

Judging Nintendo from two spin-offs, that were clearly rushed because nothing else besides XCX and Fast RN were going to be available by the holidays, is a little short-sighted. If they screwed up, say, Zelda Wii U, which gets an average score of 60-70, then we can discuss more on their potential decline in quality. Otherwise, Smash, Yoshi, Mario Maker, Xenoblade, and Splatoon have held their own pretty well I might say. Plus, you're judging a game that's not even out yet based on description and a few bits of gameplay. Its a Minis game..they haven't been considered trash from what I've read.

It just shows that Nintendo's juggling of two different consoles has caught up to them. Development has become more expensive and time consuming nowadays as technology has significantly advanced as HD games are to be expected (besides trying to create 3DS games).

In the past, fuckups like Geist and Wii Music were very rare. Now we've just seen two turds within two months, 3 in two months if you count the Nintendo-published Devil's Third.

To me that's a clear decline in quality standards.

Around the Network
JetSetter said:

True, but in the end people have to understand you can't just make a game like that willy-nilly. It probably doesn't make much sense to Nintendo to invest heavily in an amiibo game when it's all uncharted territory for them. 

Skylanders was a proven concept long before Amiibo. They should have launched Amiibo with a game like that. And shooters were uncharted territory for Nintendo too, but that didn't stop them hitting the ball out of the park with Splatoon.

JetSetter said:
I honestly don't get what people want. They complain for an amiibo game but when we get one they want anything to do with it. I seriously question what they expect out of any of this.

Truthful statement. Nintendo must admit that they stopped support Wii U and 3ds. I'm talking about not only first-party. Nintendo can give Capcom money for exclusive Wii U Monster Hunter game. They won't. Nintendo can give Pokemon Co. money for exclusive Pokemon RPG game. They won't. Even f2p-trash like Lost Reavers can't headed to the West in time.

Boberkun said:
JetSetter said:
I honestly don't get what people want. They complain for an amiibo game but when we get one they want anything to do with it. I seriously question what they expect out of any of this.

Truthful statement. Nintendo must admit that they stopped support Wii U and 3ds. I'm talking about not only first-party. Nintendo can give Capcom money for exclusive Wii U Monster Hunter game. They won't. Nintendo can give Pokemon Co. money for exclusive Pokemon RPG game. They won't. Even f2p-trash like Lost Reavers can't headed to the West in time.

It shouldn't just have to come down to Nintendo opening their wallet at every turn. They need to create the platforms that make the third-parties (or second-party in regard to TPC) make such games. 

Also I'm sure that it's no secret that Nintendo has stopped Wii U and (mostly) 3DS support.  Many of the recent 3DS games to come out use assets from prior games and many Wii U games are being worked on by other companies and not really by Nintendo proper. 

^ In a way, its part of the transition and partly due to Nintendo now moving assets to potentially NX, Plus, they have mobile to deal with as well. I can't really blame them because they have to really focus on what they can do to secure a more prosperous and secured future with new platforms and new business ventures. Amiibo was the start. Now, we'll get into mobile, NX, theme parks, new Nintendo account, etc.

There'll be a few more unannounced games coming from Nintendo for 3DS and Wii U. But as you said, projects made only by Nintendo themselves are waning on these current platforms.

Well, it's not quite the Skylanders/Disney Infinity type Amiibo game that I was hoping for, but it's a start. And it's free, so that's good!
If it releases in the West and its free, I'll give a shot, since I've got like 13 amiibos, it can be a good way to use them.
And honestly people? You clamor for a game that makes use of Amiibo to add more value to them than just being collectables, and when Nintendo does just that. You STILL complain.
Make up your minds, FFS!