By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NIntendo announces another amiibo game, Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge for Wii U and 3DS

Well, they are still far from the amiibo Skylanders-DI-Dimensions game people expects from them. I hope that, by the time it comes out, Nintendo has changed the packaging of the amiibos so that you don't need to open the box to use them. They look so good on their boxes.

Also, if they are going to make amiibo-based games, better keep them free, buying amiibos is a heavy hit on the wallet as it is.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Yo Nintendo

Hey I got idea instead of getting mad at Nintendo for not growing up with you and getting mad because they don't bow down to the core gamer, why don't you just play XboxOne,PCor PS4 and let people who have young kids enjoy the new Nintendo games #FamilyConsole #SaysSoOnTheirSite 

Miyamotoo said:

I don't understand hate of some people, it's free and small game.

Because people don't understand that Nintendo wants to appeal to families and children not 25 years olds who live with their parents. Its like going to DisneyLand when you are 8, then going back at 21, and getting mad and bitching to the park about not having more thrilling RollerCoasters.

DolPhanTendo said:
curl-6 said:

Yo Nintendo

Hey I got idea instead of getting mad at Nintendo for not growing up with you and getting mad because they don't bow down to the core gamer, why don't you just play XboxOne,PCor PS4 and let people who have young kids enjoy the new Nintendo games #FamilyConsole #SaysSoOnTheirSite 

Why would I want a PS4/Xbox One?

Also, a "family friendly" console is a fool's errand in 2016. Kids these days play on mobile until they're old enough for a Playstation. There is no place any more for a console with a primarily E-rated lineup, as Wii U's sales demonstrate.

Nintendo's chasing a dead market, and as somebody who likes them, I'd rather they stayed in business.

Given a) Amiibo are a runaway success b) Nintendo are obviously preparing new hardware and consequently c) struggling to provide much software for Wii U, what do people expect?

This is a low-cost, low-risk game that allows Nintendo to experiment with long-term uses for amiibo. There won't be a 'proper' amiibo game this generation, because it's not worth the investment.

Around the Network

It's just a small project (they didn't even announce it during a direct) and it's free. Why the hate?

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Well, why not utilize amiibos in Mario Vs. DK Tipping Stars instead, it's basically the same game, so the time they spend developing another gamer could be reduced by a half or less to release a patch that support amiibos in TS. People would BUY the game and the game would be more like "complete" even.

It's free, right? Lots of people like these games, plus the more content you can get with your amiibo the better. I'm really not an amiibo fan but I happy their doing well even though they're pretty much useless except for collection purposes.

At least it's free. Now I'm certain that the top Nintendo developers are working on NX titles.

Those insulting the game, I seriously doubt they put hardly any Nintendo developers on this. I wouldn't be surprised if they had random indie developers temporarily working for them to do this.