By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How Does the World View Obama?

How do you view Barack Obama?

Favorably (American Male) 113 27.29%

Favorably (American Female) 5 1.21%

Favorably (Non-American Male) 154 37.20%

Favorably (Non-American Female) 4 0.97%

Unfavorably (American Male) 68 16.43%

Unfavorably (American Female) 2 0.48%

Unfavorably (Non-American Male) 66 15.94%

Unfavorably (Non-American Female) 2 0.48%

Total:414

One thing I can say is that site leans pretty far left. Because the vast majority of American's disapprove of Obama he has a lower average "approval rate" than either Bush and even Nixon. His current Approval Rating is around 45.5% if you average out the polls

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Never said:
He's been a big disappointment.

All the hype about change and he was little different to Bush in terms of foreign policy. I've not followed American politics enough to comment much on domestic issues but he's come across as ineffective at (or unwilling to) getting any change done.

Despite America seeming so politically polarized I don't think Americans have much of a real choice. The politicians give different rhetoric then do the same things the others would have done.

I suppose the American economy has recovered reasonably (Yes, I know there's a lot of debt but that'll take a long time to shift) and I think his stimulus plan was a good call.

From the outside, I can see how his foreign policy isn't much different.  Keep in mind that our Congress is largely in charge of how that all plays out.   Domestically, like you guessed, has been a huge improvement.  That's likely much harder for those outside the US to notice. 

Socially? Yes. Economically? It's essentially been a continuation of the last 40 years.

rolltide101x said:
One thing I can say is that site leans pretty far left. Because the vast majority of American's disapprove of Obama he has a lower average "approval rate" than either Bush and even Nixon. His current Approval Rating is around 45.5% if you average out the polls

I am going to post another poll next week, with the intent to normalize the data set.

One of the most charismatic, likeable leaders in the world.

SpokenTruth said:
Insidb said:

Socially? Yes. Economically? It's essentially been a continuation of the last 40 years.

Do you remember the economy 8 years ago?  It's much better now.

There's a difference between economic performance and policy, somewhat akin to weather and climate. Our national economy has mostly recovered, which tend to happen, when you don't pay PMCs to fight unwinnable wars. Our national economic policies have effectively stayed the course, which is why Sanders has gained so much traction. 

Around the Network
Insidb said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
obama,terrible president,okay person i guess

I've seen this estimation quite a bit here: reasons for these particular sentiments?

not getting into a political debate so thats all ill say lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

SpokenTruth said:
rolltide101x said:

Bush had a huge burst in approval rating due to his initial reaction to 9/11 and then it dwindled down to 25%.  Obama started kind of high too but has held steady for the pst 7 years.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116500/presidential-approval-ratings-george-bush.aspx

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/gallup-daily-obama-job-approval.aspx

That is true but the point is still valid. You are only quoting one poll that happens to be one of the kinder ones to Obama such as this one which happens to be one of the harder ones on Obama

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2016/01/08/fox-news-poll-national-presidential-race-obama-ratings/

PwerlvlAmy said:
Insidb said:

I've seen this estimation quite a bit here: reasons for these particular sentiments?

not getting into a political debate so thats all ill say lol

Understood lol; I just wanted to see why you felt that way, especially since the sentiment is not uncommon.

SpokenTruth said:
rolltide101x said:

That is true but the point is still valid. You are only quoting one poll that happens to be one of the kinder ones to Obama such as this one which happens to be one of the harder ones on Obama

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2016/01/08/fox-news-poll-national-presidential-race-obama-ratings/

Yeah....about that.  Fox News tends to be harder on Obama simply because he's a democrat and half black.  Their standards of objectivity are unfortunately lacking, to be kind about it.  It's akin to asking thesixthaxis how they rate the Xbox One.

Almost every single poll, including typically left-leaning funded polls, leans right. I think RCP has the data, but I don't have it on hand. My guess is that typical polling methodologies skew towards the Republican demographic. News Corp., however, is a completely different animal.

Same as Donald, they are both more-less irrelevant. I couldn't care less about their physical or verbal attributes.

Or what pizza they like.

CU......or CF ?