By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How Does the World View Obama?

How do you view Barack Obama?

Favorably (American Male) 113 27.29%

Favorably (American Female) 5 1.21%

Favorably (Non-American Male) 154 37.20%

Favorably (Non-American Female) 4 0.97%

Unfavorably (American Male) 68 16.43%

Unfavorably (American Female) 2 0.48%

Unfavorably (Non-American Male) 66 15.94%

Unfavorably (Non-American Female) 2 0.48%

Total:414

Holy crap, there's four girls in here?!

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Obama is the only president I would get a beer with.. He seems more of an average joe.. Now I don't know if that makes him a better president

I'd get a beer with Bush, Jr., too. I don't think he was very good at his job, but I do think he was very sincere.

On topic:

Obamacare made it illegal for me to not have health-care. Which means I HAVE to pay for something that I've used ONCE IN EIGHT YEARS.

This was supposed to lower the cost of Healthcare since there would be a bunch of healthy schmucks like me not cashing in, but instead prices have gone up.

To top it off, Obamacare's insurance rates are absolutely insulting, with some co-pays as high as $2000.

So he made it illegal not to have something that only impacts me directly and that I rarely ever need, then instead of simply regulating Healthcare like he should have, he allowed the prices to become obscene. He violated my right to not be insured over something I have no choice about (being alive), and then allowed a bunch of corporations runs by total scumbags to rob me.

Oh, but he legalized gay marriage. Champion of liberty, just as long as that liberty doesn't have anything to do with health insurance.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
On topic:

Obamacare made it illegal for me to not have health-care. Which means I HAVE to pay for something that I've used ONCE IN EIGHT YEARS.

This was supposed to lower the cost of Healthcare since there would be a bunch of healthy schmucks like me not cashing in, but instead prices have gone up.

To top it off, Obamacare's insurance rates are absolutely insulting, with some co-pays as high as $2000.

So he made it illegal not to have something that only impacts me directly and that I rarely ever need, then instead of simply regulating Healthcare like he should have, he allowed the prices to become obscene. He violated my right to not be insured over something I have no choice about (being alive), and then allowed a bunch of corporations runs by total scumbags to rob me.

Oh, but he legalized gay marriage. Champion of liberty, just as long as that liberty doesn't have anything to do with health insurance.

It's real shame that the ACA morphed from a public service into a pissing contest, with the removal of the public option, constant defunding attempts, and attack ads. I got abused by insurance companies from 2011-2015 (jaw tumors, spinal surgery), so I have a lot of firsthand experience with how consumer-oriented they very much are not. When I saw the ACA, it was intially a MUCH better proposition than private offerings, but then it got hacked up, chewed up, spit out, and ratified. It never seemed fair to me that our taxes subsidized all hospital visits for the uninsured, so making them pay a tax to carry themselves was reasonable. 

He doesn't do everything right, but he sure is better than most other US presidents of our time.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

I have no strong opinion, but I think Obama has done well enough, and I'm pretty sure he's a good person.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Azuren said:
Holy crap, there's four girls in here?!

With these polls, I'm beginning to think VGC has about 20 total female users.

Obama is the right president in the wrong place. His visions are beyond the strong republican origins the US still got. In Germany, people were extremely delighted when Obama went on to become president. It is absolutely unbelievable to see a guy like Donald Trump appealing to so many people in the US and we definitely pray for the world American people won't do anything stupid and elect Trump as the next president. The world has become a very insecure place. We don't need a Trump as president there.

Panicradio said:
Obama is the right president in the wrong place. His visions are beyond the strong republican origins the US still got. In Germany, people were extremely delighted when Obama went on to become president. It is absolutely unbelievable to see a guy like Donald Trump appealing to so many people in the US and we definitely pray for the world American people won't do anything stupid and elect Trump as the next president. The world has become a very insecure place. We don't need a Trump as president there.

Has support for him waned, especially in light of the recent attacks in Paris, San Bernardino, and Cologne? 

All of these have been leveraged against him strongly by the GOP candidates.

I love him. Most Canadians that I know tend to like him too.