By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How Does the World View Obama?

How do you view Barack Obama?

Favorably (American Male) 113 27.29%

Favorably (American Female) 5 1.21%

Favorably (Non-American Male) 154 37.20%

Favorably (Non-American Female) 4 0.97%

Unfavorably (American Male) 68 16.43%

Unfavorably (American Female) 2 0.48%

Unfavorably (Non-American Male) 66 15.94%

Unfavorably (Non-American Female) 2 0.48%

Total:414
Insidb said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Nor favorable nor unfavorable. He's better than Bush, but he isn't the great reformer either.

I just caught "Your face is a cult," in another thread and view you favorably lol.

Sorry for that back there, I got seriously angry at that guy, but thank you.

Around the Network

Koreans and Japaneses generally favor him.

I don't. His policy has shown that he is far-right with sanity left. I need to see actual left leaning government that could bring efficient government planning.

I understand the constraints of the polling system but I do wish there was a "just kind of there" option. I ended up going with "favorable" because he's at least trying to do something about the US's disastrous medical system.

I believe that Obama will be remembered much more fondly once he is out of office. He has done a hell of a lot more for this country than what he gets credit for on both sides of the aisle (many Democrats complain that he didn't accomplish enough while Repubs whine about his stances). 

If you have the patience check out this well written analysis examining this very subject via Politico... "A politico review of Barack Obama's domestic policy legacy-and the changes he made while no one was paying attention"

run away! 

Insidb said:
Puppyroach said:
Trump is a low-life scum, Obama is an intelligent, decent guy. I think that is the general view :).

As an American, I can assure you thet there is a deep and polarized national divide that would attribute those qualities to one or the other.

Anyone seeing anything decent about Trump is likely ignorant or just plain dumb. Not liking Obama I can see, but there is certainly nothing decent with Trump at all.

Around the Network

I think hes awesome. Too bad the Republicans are fighting against everything hes trying to accomplish.

WolfpackN64 said:
Insidb said:

I just caught "Your face is a cult," in another thread and view you favorably lol.

I literally lol'd.

Insidb said:
WolfpackN64 said:

I literally lol'd.

As to elaborate a bit on Obama. He first took a few steps in the right direction in the middle east, but he's making basically the same mistakes now as his predecessors. Obamacare is a good thing, but there is still room for improvement. Guantanomo Bay is still open and still not returned to Cuba. Some unincorporated American territories still haven't got full rights. Regulation of the banks and the stock market are not strict enough.

spurgeonryan said:
Insidb said:

In that respect, is Trump's mentality any different? It's a unique similarity between the two men.

Same, except Trump is on the Pewdiepies level and an extremist. It is almost like Obama was put in his place to calm us down after a decade of war. Have fun, give people some health crap, slowly close down wars, etc. Just a fun whatever president. The next one will be back to business. Whether it is the extreme Trump or extememe clinton or whoever else.

I think, if Trump is up against Clinton, this election will be seen as a referendum on who Americans DON'T want as president.

Obama is million times better than trump