By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How Does the World View Obama?

How do you view Barack Obama?

Favorably (American Male) 113 27.29%

Favorably (American Female) 5 1.21%

Favorably (Non-American Male) 154 37.20%

Favorably (Non-American Female) 4 0.97%

Unfavorably (American Male) 68 16.43%

Unfavorably (American Female) 2 0.48%

Unfavorably (Non-American Male) 66 15.94%

Unfavorably (Non-American Female) 2 0.48%

Total:414

He's made some good memes.

And he let the world know jet fuel can't melt steel memes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Kagerow said:
Koreans and Japaneses generally favor him.

I don't. His policy has shown that he is far-right with sanity left. I need to see actual left leaning government that could bring efficient government planning.

He's far right?  

In the American context, he's left.  People that I know who are republicans don't like him because he's far too left for their taste.  

Maybe my spectrum is bit out there, I put Bernie Sanders as a left leaning centrist... It seems that most people don't.

SpokenTruth said:

Try not to read the Daily Mail too much.  Michelle isn't leaving him.

You're telling us the Daily Mail isn't the well of truth it shows itself to be? I'm shocked.

I like the guy, he seems genuine. He didn't put you in debt, he didn't wage an un-winable war, he has done his hardest in his job.

Hmm, pie.

Non-American male.

Unfavourably.

However, one of the issues he's most hated on, immigration, I believe he's in the right. Same as shutting down Gitmo. He seems to have his head in the right place on drugs, but lacks the political will to do anything about it. His "evolution" (flip-flop) on gay marriage was good.

Why unfavourable:

Obamacare, foreign policy, privacy stuff (nsa, tsa, patriot act, no-fly-lists etc), drone lists, economy, politicising tragedy.

Kagerow said:

Maybe my spectrum is bit out there, I put Bernie Sanders as a left leaning centrist... It seems that most people don't.

It's you. He's not a left-leaning centrist by any stretch of the imagination. The welfare state he is proposing in its scale and depth is unlike any other on this planet right now.

Around the Network

Beyonce said that girls run the world, but they certainly don't run these polls.

Insidb said: Has support for him waned, especially in light of the recent attacks in Paris, San Bernardino, and Cologne? 

All of these have been leveraged against him strongly by the GOP candidates.

Actually in Germany the people and the press are still very well-disposed towards Obama. He never really has had the critics against him, because Obama is one of the Presidents who were able to recapitulate his actions. The vast majority of the German press was actually commiserating with Obama being stuck by the Congress' many times. It's very sad the US Constitution is actually taking the wind out of a president's politics in the long-term by restricting presidency for only eight years. Because, as a matter of fact, the people nonetheless would have the opportunity to unelect the president every fourth year if politics would fail. America is just too big, too complex, too various to have a presidency to last for only eight years. In my opinion.

My guess is that among nations friendly or allied to the USA Obama has a better approval rating than in the USA.

My concern is that before Obama the USA had rather a dumb/manipulatable president, Obama was a naive / noob president, the next president may well be insane/fanatical. How does the USA consistently elect unsuitable people into the highest office?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Panicradio said:
Insidb said: Has support for him waned, especially in light of the recent attacks in Paris, San Bernardino, and Cologne? 

All of these have been leveraged against him strongly by the GOP candidates.

Actually in Germany the people and the press are still very well-disposed towards Obama. He never really has had the critics against him, because Obama is one of the Presidents who were able to recapitulate his actions. The vast majority of the German press was actually commiserating with Obama being stuck by the Congress' many times. It's very sad the US Constitution is actually taking the wind out of a president's politics in the long-term by restricting presidency for only eight years. Because, as a matter of fact, the people nonetheless would have the opportunity to unelect the president every fourth year if politics would fail. America is just too big, too complex, too various to have a presidency to last for only eight years. In my opinion.

Interesting: those events, even the recent debacle in Cologne, have become regular GOP talking points, used to assail the POTUS. As an American, I have no real issue with 2 presidential terms; it's the congressional terms that perturb me. These are the nation's lawmakers, they are allowed to accept money from special interests, and they can be in officer forever. How can regular Americans expect them to legislate on their behalf, if they don't ever have to concern themselves with being regular Americans?

This should horrify any rational person: https://represent.us/action/theproblem-4/

binary solo said:
My guess is that among nations friendly or allied to the USA Obama has a better approval rating than in the USA.

My concern is that before Obama the USA had rather a dumb/manipulatable president, Obama was a naive / noob president, the next president may well be insane/fanatical. How does the USA consistently elect unsuitable people into the highest office?

What do you view as evidence of Obama's naivete or n00bness?