By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How Does the World View Obama?

How do you view Barack Obama?

Favorably (American Male) 113 27.29%

Favorably (American Female) 5 1.21%

Favorably (Non-American Male) 154 37.20%

Favorably (Non-American Female) 4 0.97%

Unfavorably (American Male) 68 16.43%

Unfavorably (American Female) 2 0.48%

Unfavorably (Non-American Male) 66 15.94%

Unfavorably (Non-American Female) 2 0.48%

Total:414

How does the international community view him?

A hell of a lot more favorably than a lot of dumb rednecks in America do.

He has not by any means been a GREAT president, he has been far too pandering and middle of the road for my tastes. But he was also left to clean up W's mess, and he hasn't been TERRIBLE by any means.

American politics in general, however, is pretty well fucked. I support Sanders....but I don't know that America is smart enough, or brave enough, to ACTUALLY change.....we seem to far rather prefer imploding.

Around the Network

This idea of the President being some rock star that everyone looks up to to lead us and is a beacon of undying adoration and hope died with JFK.

DevilRising said:

He has not by any means been a GREAT president, he has been far too pandering and middle of the road for my tastes. But he was also left to clean up W's mess, and he hasn't been TERRIBLE by any means.

American politics in general, however, is pretty well fucked. I support Sanders....but I don't know that America is smart enough, or brave enough, to ACTUALLY change.....we seem to far rather prefer imploding.

The problem is collective IQ. It's just way too low nationally to expect results. People hear things and believe them. They get emotional over those things and then vote over and over again like it's going to matter. The people in power know this and keep pulling the strings because it keeps them wealthy and in charge. People arent intelligent enough to critically think. At least, not high enough in number anyway.

padib said:
America honestly doesn't deserve Obama given all the crap he gets.

Go on.

Miguel_Zorro said:
Good thing you put those male/female splits in there.

Don't hate the pollster; hate the demographic?

Around the Network

obama,terrible president,okay person i guess

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I like him! Why? Because he's left handed like me and he looks pretty cool. We need more cool looking presidents

PwerlvlAmy said:
obama,terrible president,okay person i guess

I've seen this estimation quite a bit here: reasons for these particular sentiments?

AlfredoTurkey said:
DevilRising said:

The problem is collective IQ. It's just way too low nationally to expect results. People hear things and believe them. They get emotional over those things and then vote over and over again like it's going to matter. The people in power know this and keep pulling the strings because it keeps them wealthy and in charge. People arent intelligent enough to critically think. At least, not high enough in number anyway.

Which lends itself to a lack of awareness: https://represent.us/action/theproblem-4/

He's been a big disappointment.

All the hype about change and he was little different to Bush in terms of foreign policy. I've not followed American politics enough to comment much on domestic issues but he's come across as ineffective at (or unwilling to) getting any change done.

Despite America seeming so politically polarized I don't think Americans have much of a real choice. The politicians give different rhetoric then do the same things the others would have done.

I suppose the American economy has recovered reasonably (Yes, I know there's a lot of debt but that'll take a long time to shift) and I think his stimulus plan was a good call.